ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety, and convenience. Our products and solutions are used in commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential areas. We believe that competent people are the basis of our continuous success.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to be based in our Vaughan, Ontario Canada headquarters.
The HR Generalist is responsible for assisting with a wide range of HR related functions including recruitment, employee relations, compensation, etc., as well as ongoing projects for ASSA ABLOY Canada. The Human Resources Generalist plays an integral part in the HR department’s success and is the point of contact for the Canadian employee base. Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the incumbent operates as a business partner to the management team on developing and implementing HR policies, programs, and practices for our business.
- Working with hiring managers, lead the full cycle recruitment process, including developing job descriptions and postings, conducting interviews, etc., through to the offer, onboarding, and orientation stages; track and report monthly.
- Source and participate in recruitment efforts to build the company’s brand as a respected and sought-after employer, such as utilizing social media tools, developing alliances with local schools and external programs to support talent acquisition
- Advise and consult with managers and employees on a variety of human resources issues, including policies and procedures to promote a better understanding of human resources practices, and ensure compliance
- Be visible and available and act as the frontline to answer employee HR-related questions in a timely manner; promote positive employee relations
- Address employee relations issues, including conducting investigations, issuing corrective actions, and escalating as needed.
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset and work in conjunction with the managers to improve and streamline HR processes and programs; leverage best practices and generate new ideas that move the HR function forward.
- Review current policies and ensure they support organizational objectives; research and create new policies, gain approval from senior management; communicate, train and implement policies to the appropriate employee groups.
- Continually assess training needs; develop/coordinate training programs in conjunction with managers; track and report on training initiatives
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, including maintaining various human resources records and data; preparing accurate and detailed reports on a routine basis; audit training and compliance records
- Assist with various projects such as implementation of HR department goals, objectives, various policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
Other responsibilities as required.
Travel up to 30% within the GTA.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant HR experience, with a minimum of 2 years as an HR Generalist in a manufacturing environment.
- A University Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Good working knowledge and understanding of employment and labor laws, HR procedures and practices, legislative provisions regarding recruitment, employment equity, compensation, and health and safety required.
- Possess exceptional customer service, critical thinking, and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, self-manage projects, prioritize workload, and maintain concentration and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions.
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset; think in an entrepreneurial manner and be flexible.
- Tech savvy; MS Excel and a confident systems user; experience at implementing technology to create efficiencies.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in various conflict and high-stress situations.
- Excellent skills in influencing, collaborating, leading, and influencing without authority over others.
- Proficient in verbal and written communications.
- Experience using SAP Success Factors, or other similar HRMS systems considered an asset.
ASSA ABLOY welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 52,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.Apply for this job