What is the role?
If you’re an aspiring developer with a thirst for knowledge, you could become part of our exceptional in-house Software team for a rewarding placement year.
Your role will be focused on integrating with banks (acquirers and processors) for the processing of card-based transactions. All development is performed in C#.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an undergraduate software developer to join a dynamic and growing in-house development team for a period of 12 months (July 2022 - July 2023). This role is based in our beautiful office in central Bristol with flexibility to work from home. We have two positions available.
NMI develops the most trusted payment software for mobile, online and in-store that is relied on in 38 countries, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles and New York, our payment technology powers millions of customers worldwide, ensuring they can take payments worth billions, securely and reliably. You've probably used our software when ordering a burger, paying for parking, buying something online or booking a train ticket - without even realising it!
A great place to work!
At NMI we are proud of our people-first culture, we know that our people are what makes NMI great and they are at the centre of everything that we do. We run Employee Engagement Surveys twice a year and are extremely pleased that our staff say our culture and the people are the best things about working at NMI, and we have to agree!
We have a firm commitment to strengthening the diversity of our workforce, and therefore welcome and encourage applications from all communities and underrepresented groups.
We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to NMI, as diversity makes us stronger.
What will I be doing?
- Develop and support our payment processing integrations and tools in C#
- Develop and support internal processes relating to different aspects of payment
- Develop and support other applications required for the companies procedures
- Assist our Customer Support desk with escalated customer queries and issues
Do I have what it takes?
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience of C# or Java in either an academic or commercial environment.
- An understanding of networking principals and protocols such as sockets, HTTPS, DNS and SSL
- Common SQL and at least one Database Management System (preferably Microsoft SQL Server)
- Attention to detail in all aspects of development and customer contact
- Good communication skills; both written and verbal for dealing with suppliers and project partners
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience of other object oriented programming in a commercial environment
- Understanding of a CI/CD pipeline and its importance
- Understanding of Secure Programming Practices
- Understanding and experience of cryptography and its application in different areas
- An understanding of the PCI security standards and the considerations relating to their use
- Experience in the payment processing industry
- Common development environment such as Visual Studio, Android Studio, Xcode, Eclipse etc.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SQL Stored Procedures
- Web Services / SOAP in .NET
- Version control in a multi-user environment (Git, SVN, etc)
- Using ticket management tools such as Jira, Trac etc.
- Experience in Continuous Integration systems (e.g. TeamCity, GitLab, .etc.)
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary of £17,784
- 25 days holiday each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days).
- Work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy (you can start your day between 8am and 10am and finish between 4pm and 6pm).
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week.
- A flexible, hybrid working arrangement.
- Family Friendly policies (Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay and Shared Parental Leave).
- Annual bonus scheme.
- We provide our employees with fantastic career progression opportunities, offering specific courses and the possibility to gain further qualifications.
- The option to enrol on our private health insurance scheme upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- A strong commitment to employee wellbeing including mental health first aiders, yoga sessions and employee assistance programme.
- Bike2Work Scheme (government-backed cycle to work scheme).
- Lifeworks, an Employee Assistance Programme which offers family and financial support services, wellbeing assessments, counselling and podcasts which focus on health and wellbeing. It also offers interesting perks such as discounts on gyms, restaurants, high street retailers and cinema tickets.
- Bonusly colleague reward scheme.
- Employee referral scheme with generous financial reward.
We’re looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then please click on 'Apply for this job'!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support throughout the recruitment process to applicants who have a disability. Please let us know in advance so that any support, aids or adaptations can be put in place to assist you.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.
For internal use: IndHPApply for this job