To Power Smart Mobility for Every Driver and Vehicle, Everywhere
For decades, parking was a hassle. Then in 2008, ParkMobile launched with a simple goal: make parking easier. Today, our team is committed to creating tech-based solutions that power smart mobility and make parking hassles of the past obsolete. We do this by creating innovative solutions that connect parking and mobility ecosystems, eliminating friction while maximizing convenience and efficiency. At ParkMobile we offer agile frameworks and incentives for innovators and problem solvers, all at the perfect spot for work and play at the heart of midtown Atlanta.
We’re experiencing exciting growth. We’re looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than 30 million people.
What You’ll Do
ParkMobile is looking for a talented Data Engineer to join our growing team! We are looking for someone who is passionate about data and insights that large amounts of data sets can provide. The Data Engineer will oversee the department's data integration work, including developing a data model, maintaining a data warehouse and analytics environment, and writing scripts for data integration and analysis. This role will work closely and collaboratively with members of the Data & Analytics and Development teams to define requirements, mine and analyze data, integrate data from a variety of sources, and deploy high-quality data pipelines in support of the analytics needs of the Parkmobile and its affiliates. They will also create and oversee an automated reporting system and manage other proprietary systems.
This position reports to the VP Engineering – Decision Support System.
- Maintain and build on our data warehouse and analytics environment, the home for all Parkmobile’s data.
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain stable, secure, and scalable data engineering solutions and pipelines in support of data and analytics projects, including integrating new sources of data into our central data warehouse, and moving data out to applications and affiliates.
- Build reports and data visualizations, using data from the data warehouse and other sources.
- Produce scalable, replicable code and engineering solutions that help automate repetitive data management tasks.
- Perform one-off data manipulation, and analysis on a wide variety of political and organizing data.
- Implement and monitor best in class security measures in our data warehouse and analytics environment, with an eye towards the evolving threat landscape.
- Help other DAIR staff troubleshoot their SQL, Python, or R code.
- Train other DAIR staff on these skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Strong command of relational databases and SQL. Extract, Load, and Transform (ELT) data into a relational database and data warehouse
- Proficiency with Python and/or R, especially for data manipulation and analysis, and ability to build, maintain and deploy sequences of automated processes with these tools.
- BA or BS in related field or equivalent work experience.
- General data manipulation skills: read in data, process, and clean it, transform & recode it, merge different data sets together, reformat data between wide and long, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and troubleshoot code without support, ex. find answers to common programming challenges on Google. In other words, be able to learn on the job.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear code that is well-documented and stored in a version control system (we use Git).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams, in both a lead and support role.
- Use APIs to push and pull data from various data systems and platforms.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure services like Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud. AWS is preferred but not required.
- Experience working with visualization platforms like Tableau, Sisense, or Looker. Looker is preferred but not required.
- Effective time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience with advanced data visualization and mapping.
- Ability to work long and extended hours as needed.
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical ideas to business stakeholders
- Willing to collaborate with colleagues across Technology functions to establish architecture guidelines, provide thought-leadership and solve complex problems
- Passionate about learning new technologies that will improve functionality, scalability and reliability of relevant solutions
- High personal and professional standards; unassailable integrity and ethics
- High-energy and self-starter personality
- Strong structured coding skills
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. ParkMobile welcomes those who are passionate about learning and evolving. If this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
What you’ll enjoy about joining our Team
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. Our team members well-being is just as important to us as their work. We are humans first, employees second. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Matching
- Casual Dress
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Hours
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Company Social Events - happy hours, outings, and more
- Pet Insurance
- Company Community Service Events
At ParkMobile, we aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic, and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of backgrounds, education, beliefs, and ways of thinking. We look to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. ParkMobile is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply for this job