About the Role
As Corporate Development Associate, you will play a leading role in prospecting, analyzing, diligencing, and executing on acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, and other corporate development activities, including capital raising initiatives for the business.
The Corporate Development Associate will be involved in M&A activities across researching target companies, deal origination, due diligence coordination, conducting financial valuation analysis, negotiating, deal structuring, and closing.. In addition to M&A activities, the Corporate Development Associate will support capital strategy activities including existing and prospective investor communication, diligence support, competitive positioning and market research. The successful candidate will need to develop business and financial analyses across these corporate development activities and effectively communicate research and recommendations. This role will make an immediate and substantial impact to Passport Labs, Inc.
The ideal candidate for this role is an authentic, creative, and results-driven individual that will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Passport Labs, Inc. This role is a highly visible position that interacts across Passport’s functional teams and with the leadership team and executive team frequently.
- Lead acquisition execution activities with direction and support from the Head of Corporate Development to research target companies, conduct financial analysis, draft investment memorandums and quantify synergistic value
- Leverage systems to retrieve data for cross-functional partnering and analytics support, summarizing needed information in a scalable fashion
- Evaluate opportunities and risks in potential transactions and lead diligence efforts
- Perform financial analysis to assess the costs, revenue, and other benefits for both near- and long-term roadmaps that leverage an acquired company’s solutions
- Identify and research appropriate opportunities that support Passport's strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, investors, and investment bankers
- Support future capital formation activity including drafting presentations, financial modeling, interfacing with potential investors, due diligence facilitation, and deal structure evaluation
- Assist with all Investor Relations activities as the business continues to scale
- Communicate across cross-functional teams to access information, conduct analysis and complete projects across Product, Engineering, Operations, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management
- Collaborate and communicate with the FP&A team about monthly forecasts and other financial trends and developments on a timely basis
- Identify and educate other executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential investments
- Act as a subject matter expert on financial modeling, valuation, and deal structuring
- Support negotiations of key transaction and legal documents in partnership with the Legal team
- 3-5+ years’ experience in investment banking, corporate development, transaction advisory services, or private markets investing with preference for experience in technology sectors such as software and payments
- Experience identifying, developing, analyzing, and successfully executing M&A transactions
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment while working closely within a small corporate development team
- Strong financial modeling proficiency
- End-to-end transaction experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA from a top tier school preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Keen, relentless attention to detail required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain respect of senior management, along with the respect of, and ability to collaborate with, internal teammates
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
You are an innovative, creative, analytical, and strategic thinker, always thinking three or four steps ahead. You are passionate about Passport and the future of our business. You enjoy solving complex problems, work effectively with cross-functional teams, and thrive in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. You constantly set the bar high with your daily work and your project portfolio, and then raise the bar higher. You always hit your deadlines. You thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment. You love working with teams. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solutions.
You obsess over the details. You blend technical ability with business acumen. You are effective at connecting long-term vision to near-term objectives. You will have the opportunity to wear several hats, and you should be comfortable learning new things and taking on new responsibilities.
You are incredibly organized. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You measure everything. You are inquisitive, and you know how to listen and incorporate new knowledge into your business strategy. You have a knack for connecting the dots across multiple things and ensuring they are in sync. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you understand how to effectively convey ideas to various stakeholders across the organization.
Passport is a transportation software and payments company that builds technology to more efficiently manage streets and sidewalks. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport is trusted by more than 800 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, Los Angeles, and Miami. Passport’s digital platform helps cities manage parking and mobility infrastructure, creating more livable, equitable communities. One of the fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists, Passport was also named to Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2020.Apply for this job