About the Role
Passport is looking for a Technical Project Manager, Support Services who will be a Tier 3 problem solver and post implementation project manager when customer issues arise and through team escalations and when clients have seasonal project management needs. The Technical Project Manager leads the post-implementation execution of projects for clients (municipalities, agencies, universities, private operators), is responsible for determining root-cause software/platform flaws through case intake and research and developing technical solutions to improve product functionality for customer operations. Piqued your interest? Read on.
- Drive post-implementation project execution by ensuring projects are well organized and completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage projects and act as a liaison between all stakeholders (including external clients and internal teams such as Sales, Client Success, and Product) leading strategic initiatives throughout the full project lifecycle
- Create and manage technical project plans including scoping documents, timelines, schedules, Gantt charts, etc.
- Educate lines of business on project issues, technology hurdles, and new avenues to leverage products offered
- Own the communication and coordination with clients and across Passport teams
- Scope out new product functionality, enhancements, exports, imports, stored procedures and software jobs to handle the operations of customers’ always-evolving business rules
- Develop external functionality to perform scoped product changes, designing stored procedures, SQL functions and views, and import and export data mappings
- Liaise professionally and effectively with customers to resolve challenges, providing detailed instructions to correct configurations, facilitate additional product trainings, and/or provide interim solutions until software flaw is remediated internally
- Prepare detailed documentation, instructing how to reproduce software flaw, and escalate to Development team for resolution
- Provide initial technical and troubleshooting support for Passport Clients looking to add or modify a Merchant Account used for processing Passport Platform transactions
- Provide reconciliation support for client experiencing out-of-balances issues across their Passport & Merchant Accounts
- Help identify system defects or areas for enhancement on Passport's Payments Services and escalate to the Product & Engineering teams as needed
- Assist with the monitoring and communication of impacts or outages on Passport's payments services and third party integrations
- Address client inquiries on Passport's PCI and SOC compliance, providing appropriate documentation when applicable
- 4 years, or more, experience supporting applications in a production environment
- Ability to step through and debug code. References for github projects is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create and run complex SQL, including setup of interfaces, stored procedures, and custom tasks
- Demonstrated ability writing SQL queries, including multiple table joins
- Extensive understanding of APIs and integrations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Experience analyzing large data sets in Excel or other reporting tools
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with scripting languages (Node.js or Python) and their ecosystems (npm, nvm, pip, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required, the company is willing to accept experience or a combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree
- PMP certification is a plus!
- 2 + years of Project Management experience performing in a fast-paced, project-based atmosphere
- Experience with implementing/supporting a point of sale solutions, card processing platforms, or other FinTech solutions
- Knowledge of credit/debit card processing value chain and key players
- Knowledge of or experience using software reporting tools, such as Telerik or Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of gitlab, docker and AWS console is a plus
- Looker reporting experience a plus
- 1 year or more of full-time experience in DevOps, systems administration, or application development
- Experience with a Cloud Platform such as AWS (preferred), Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- High proficiency and ability to demonstrate the use of parking-industry software systems
- A foundational understanding of PCI DSS compliance requirements
Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport enables clients to facilitate digital payments and control their curbsides through a mobility software platform. Trusted by 1,000 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami, Passport is one of the fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Rho Capital Partners, H.I.G. Growth Partners, ThornTree Capital Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply for this job