T2 Systems is the largest parking, mobility, and transportation provider in North America, with more than 25 years in the parking management industry and currently serving thousands of parking professionals. We integrate the best people, processes, and technology to provide powerful, high-performance, and secure parking solutions. T2 Systems is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana with its Canadian office located in Burnaby, BC.
We didn’t become an industry leader by chance – we push the envelope to provide more innovative and advanced solutions for our customers. This wouldn’t be possible without employees who strive for success, work together, and are hungry to learn, grow, and lead.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of starting a rewarding new chapter of your career!
Summary of Position Functions
The primary role of the Field Technician is to facilitate the implementation of PARCS hardware and software and provide ongoing direct support. An essential component of this role is the ability to troubleshoot technical problems related to software, hardware, OS, network, database, etc., and perform the necessary service actions required to correct said technical problem.
Responsibilities include assisting T2 Sales and Sales Engineers with the technical requirements and hardware implementation plans for PARCS installations, developing and overseeing test plans to confirm hardware and software performance in accordance with contractual obligations, documenting test results, and performing required onsite installation, commissioning, and relevant service tasks.
The Field Technician develops and maintains support documentation and training to allow for effective knowledge transfer to T2 staff and customers regarding T2 PARCS products.
Essential Position Functions
- Works with internal and external parties to plan and execute T2 PARCS installations. Proactively advises and educates team of risks related to active PARCS projects.
- Configures solution, as designed, for staging and acceptance testing. Assists in project solution testing and customer approval.
- Works closely with the Sales Engineers and Project Managers to understand all project deliverables and system designs. Performs installation and implementation tasks as required by project scope.
- Works with parking access and revenue control equipment installers as necessary to provide onsite hardware installation and support. Inspect on-site activities of 3rd parties and provide appropriate guidance based on solution knowledge and subject matter expertise.
- Provides customers high-quality onsite and remote technical support and troubleshooting assistance for T2 and 3rd party software and hardware. Provides feedback, knowledge, and materials to T2 support staff to improve the overall customer experience.
- Develops and maintains documentation for installation and support of T2 PARCS software and hardware. Periodically reviews and contributes to self-service documentation and other knowledge-oriented sources.
- Obtains and maintains expertise in T2 PARCS software and supported hardware. Researches, understands, and evaluates competitive solutions. Receives and relays direct feedback from customers in order to improve product functionality and competitiveness.
- Maintains information technology skills including familiarity with computer hardware, operating systems, databases, scripts, firewalls, networking, communication methods, etc., and has the ability to rapidly learn software product installation, configuration, and operational characteristics.
- Maintains a professional and appropriate appearance and demeanor when working with customers and partners.
Non-Essential Position Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some components of assembly, troubleshooting, and repair.
Education and Qualifications
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-10 years’ experience as a service technician (Technical and/or sales) in the Manufacturing/Electronics/Parking or Transportation industry
- Experience in software/firmware environment preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of T2’s software products, services, and processes is required which can be obtained through intellect, technical inclination, and dedication to gain such knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of various operating systems, software products (e.g. word processors, spreadsheet programs, etc.).
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of parking industry which can be obtained through intellect and dedication to gain such knowledge.
- Ability to work well in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to push self to constantly improve.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, business, professional, and technical documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and staff.
- Strong ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from prospects, customers, management, and staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and tactfully negotiate priority with end-users.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Please note, you must be eligible to work in the USA to be considered for this role. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
T2 values diversity and is committed to building a workforce comprised of individuals with different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at T2, where employment is based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic history, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We strive to create an inclusive culture that empowers individuals to thrive, try new things, and grow together as one T2.Apply for this job