The primary responsibilities of the Product Support team members revolve around serving as the main providers of solutions for customers' issues/questions. This includes initial case triage; assessing and confirming the priority of cases, resolving cases that can be handled, and escalating cases that require attention by another team. Their responsibilities also include collecting, documenting, and analyzing detailed information from T2 customers regarding issues/questions on T2’s solutions; then determining the appropriate resolution to customers' respective needs. As part of providing service to our customers, Product Support professionals are also responsible for the delivery of various projects; including those related to A) customer communications, B) customer training, C) creation and editing of documented content for staff and customers.
Job Success Factors
The most successful Product Support Analyst will:
- Address customers' issues/questions very quickly and efficiently while maintaining warm interactions with customers and providing great service quality.
- Make a personal effort to proactively and aggressively pursue information, documentation, and training that will enable the individual to more quickly and effectively address any customer issue or question that is presented.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with customers, selecting the communication method most appropriate for quickly and effectively resolving the case in question and minimizing “back-and-forth” with customers.
- Work extraordinarily well with both customers and other T2 staff, including participation as a member of various teams.
- Display an intense focus and intrinsic drive to do what it takes to provide an extraordinary customer support experience.
- Internal drive to make oneself an important and valuable contributor to the success of the team, the department, and the company.
- Demonstrate an innate ability to find joy and pleasure in work and strike a healthy balance of purposeful dialogue and friendly/playful relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Understand the goals and mission of T2 Systems, as well as the Department and Team in order to be the most productive and meet these goals and missions.
Essential Position Functions
Addressing Customer Cases
- Collects and analyzes detailed information from customers and determines the appropriate method of resolution. Exercises sound professional judgment in the analysis of problem performing hardware/software resolution by phone and electronic communications or decides the proper level of troubleshooting required to resolve the problem and escalate as appropriate.
- Consults with customers and/or other technical staff to evaluate and recommend solutions to issues/questions regarding hardware, software, data communications, service maintenance and repair, and other services associated with problem resolution. Sets up and documents tests verifying proposed solutions as appropriate.
- Evaluates error messages, sample data, log files, and customer input – and combines with the application of technical knowledge and knowledge of T2’s solutions, in addition, to test environments to work through customer issues and arrive at proposed resolutions.
- Creates and edits customizable portions of the T2 products such as reports and automated tasks as appropriate.
- Maintains clear and comprehensive documentation of cases submitted by customers including proposed solutions attempted to resolve the problem and final resolution. Populates and maintains the solutions database with clearly documented solutions to problems and questions.
- Communicates clearly in writing and orally to customers regarding questions and problems as well as solutions. This includes the ability to deliver step-by-step instructions.
- Analyzes and determines the proper escalation channel when appropriate, assuring that the appropriate T2 personnel receives all the necessary information to resolve the issue in question.
- Creates training materials to be used by other T2 staff and T2 customers.
- Participates in beta and field testing with customers as needed.
- Accurately and consistently records tasks and case times in appropriate systems.
- Continuously participates in product training to ensure the level of product expertise is reached and maintained to provide the level of needed support to customers.
- Participates as needed in projects.
Note: The statements contained herein describe the essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Non-Essential Position Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
- None at this time.
Education and Qualifications
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Technical Support position.
- Inherent drive to make oneself an important and valuable contributor to the team, department, and company.
- Innate ability to focus simultaneously on the value of customer satisfaction and the sustained health of the company.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the parking industry are a plus.
- Experience in or the ability to understand and write SQL is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must be able to demonstrate the following required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Broad knowledge of T2’s software products, services, and processes is required which can be obtained through intellect, technical inclination, and dedication to gain knowledge.
- Technical abilities range from a basic understanding of T2 solutions to a strong understanding of multiple T2 solutions.
- Handles most customer interactions and communications without coaching or escalating.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of various operating systems, and software products (e.g. Microsoft Office) is required and can be obtained through intellect, technical inclination, and dedication to gain such knowledge.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including in-depth knowledge of financial transactions and tracking systems, system configuration, database schemas, systems communications, various vile formats, and connectivity environment, hardware, software, and operating system environments.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply technological solutions to business practices
- Minimal mentoring is completed in this position. Individuals in this position require relatively significant mentoring by peers and managers regarding technical/product facets of role, and/or methods of troubleshooting, and/or processes and procedures, and/or customer communications.
- Position requires use of discretion to effect timely solution of problems in order to ensure customer satisfaction, eliminate downtime, and prevent cost overruns.
- Professional, confident, and clear communication skills on the phone and in writing, including the ability to convey technical, business-operational and financial ideas to customers.
- Ability to write or create routine reports, correspondence, presentations, proposals, and other documented correspondence. Ability to present and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate basic math skills including the ability to work with figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages as they relate to customer business practices.
- Demonstrable experience understanding and resolving multi-faceted problems.
- Organizes and understands a variety of variables as part of a problem.
- Prioritizes tasks and tactfully negotiate priority with end users.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver’s license.Apply for this job