YourParkingSpace.co.uk (YPS) is the leading UK shared economy platform for parking. With hundreds of thousands of customers throughout the UK, YPS enables property owners to lease their parking spaces (either on a short term or long term basis) to earn additional revenue, whilst enabling drivers to find and pre-book parking more conveniently and more cost effectively. Additionally the business is the UK’s fastest growing direct operator of car parks, an evolving model that is rapidly cementing our position as the go-to business for car park operations.
With a rapidly growing team, ongoing international expansion, recent multi million pound investment and, hugely exciting commercial opportunities landing daily and a team of competent and hard working colleagues, you will be joining the organisation at an extremely exciting moment in its history.
We are looking for an experienced devops engineer to join our growing team.
Initially you will be doing a full review of our infrastructure stack with the desirable outcome being increase knowledge of our setup as well as a list of suggested improvements. We would also require you to have a good understanding of terraform to manage our infrastructure as well as create and monitor metrics.
Ongoing you will work with engineering teams defining infrastructure for new services and features as well as aiding in helping us transform our infrastructure from single region to global.
The right person?
- Provide clear and concise guidance to engineering teams
- Coordinate work with other managers and staff
- Comfortable in a growing, agile based environment
- Proven work experience as a Devops Engineer or similar role
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Produce and maintain infrastructure documentation
- Manage growing infrastructure on AWS using Terraform
- Develop and maintain our internal Terraform modules
- Work with security to perform audits
- Work with engineers to test failures
- Review and add monitoring
- Report to engineering teams when issues are identified
What you will get
- Fully remote working
- 24 days annual leave + this increases after 3 years, with one extra day added each year (maximum 3 additional days)
- Birthday off
- Bi-annual performance & salary reviews
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Volunteering and fundraising for our chosen charity
- Monthly parking credit, as well as free parking at the office
- Gym membership
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Cycle to work and tech scheme
- Working in a company where there are no limits! If you work hard and want to achieve big things, this is the place for you