YourParkingSpace.co.uk (YPS) is the leading UK shared economy platform for parking. With hundreds of thousands of customers throughout the UK, YPS enables property owners to lease their parking spaces (either on a short term or long term basis) to earn additional revenue, whilst enabling drivers to find and pre-book parking more conveniently and more cost effectively. Additionally the business is the UK’s fastest growing direct operator of car parks, an evolving model that is rapidly cementing our position as the go-to business for car park operations.
With a rapidly growing team, ongoing international expansion, recent multi million pound investment and, hugely exciting commercial opportunities landing daily and a team of competent and hard working colleagues, you will be joining the organisation at an extremely exciting moment in its history.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to join our growing team. You will be our first engineering manager to help pave the way for a matrix management structure with our tech leads.
You will be a line manager for at least 5 engineers where your responsibilities are to manage your team, provide directions and guidance with personal development of the team, coordinate with the product team to ensure engineers are given ample opportunity to learn new tech and work on different services. You will also be responsible for aiding the upper management implement new engineering processes.
The right person?
- Determine the need for training and talent development
- Assist with recruitment
- Provide clear and concise instructions to engineering teams
- Check their team’s work for technical accuracy
- Coordinate work with other managers and staff
- Comfortable in a growing, agile based environment
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Organisational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously
What you will get
- Fully remote working
- 24 days annual leave + this increases after 3 years, with one extra day added each year (maximum 3 additional days)
- Birthday off
- Bi-annual performance & salary reviews
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Volunteering and fundraising for our chosen charity
- Monthly parking credit, as well as free parking at the office
- Gym membership
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Cycle to work and tech scheme
- Working in a company where there are no limits! If you work hard and want to achieve big things, this is the place for you