Mid-Level Java Developer (UK)
Reporting to a lead developer you will be mentored and work on all parts of the cloud based system, eventually touching all parts of the project lifecycle. Working within our multi-functional agile delivery team, you will liaise with Product and Project Managers, Client Services Managers and Business Analysts who will form part of the project team.
As a member of the AeroParker development team you will be expected to:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
- Work collaboratively within the team to define technical approaches
- Deliver quality software which is easy to maintain, clean to operate, and actively reduces technical debt in a timely manner
- Take ownership of your work
- Take initiative in identifying areas for improvements in application code
- Adhere to version control strategies, in particular, branching and merging
- Produce support documentation for the applications you develop
- Ensure that the educate yourself from time to time to keep up to date with the changes in internet software technology that will affect your job and work at AeroParker.
- Assist the Client Service Managers and New Business Executives in pre-sales project scoping, presentation and report writing.
- Part of the application process will involve a coding challenge.
Desired Knowledge/Experience/Technical Skills
It is desirable to have demonstrable experience in a number of the following:
- Backend Development Technologies (e.g. Java, Tomcat, MySQL, AWS Aurora)
- IDE (Eclipse)
- Frontend UI Development Technologies (e.g. , jQuery, HTML)
- Version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN, Mercurial)
- Continuous Integration and Build tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Docker)
- Good understanding of digital systems and enterprise-wide systems and relevant programming languages
- An understanding of web architecture
- Solid understanding of best practice coding (e.g. OWASP, unit testing, use of Checkstyle, adhering to PCI DSS security requirements)
- Knowledge of application development methods across the complete lifecycle
- Experience of communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work effectively across Department and other boundaries
- Experience of collaborative working in an agile development environment
- Salary of £30k - £35k depending on experience
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Please send CV including details of current salary and a covering letter to opportunity(at)aeroparker.com
- You should be able to prove that you are currently eligible to work in the UK. There are no relocation benefits associated with this job.
NO AGENCIES PLEASEApply for this job