We are a small and friendly team. We are looking for someone who has a flexible, proactive, “can do” attitude and a willingness to get involved to support both the team and the company. They must be a highly motivated self-starter with relevant audit experience, and someone who enjoys the challenges of working within an exciting and fast-growing organisation. Above all they must be quality orientated and view finance within a business as a real partner adding value and insight. DNA payments processing is expanding and evolving rapidly, and we expect the responsibilities of this role to do so too.
This is a broad and varied new role, supporting the Finance Director and wider finance team.
- Lead the annual statutory audit process for all DNA Payment Group entities, acting as principal liaison between the DNA Finance team, the wider business and our external auditors to deliver an efficient process through to stat account completion and signing with no overruns
- Lead the process with our tax advisors to complete the year-end tax computations for all DNA entities
- Lead the process to claim a tax credit for R&D activities, liaising with internal teams and external consultants to maximise tax recovery against IT development activity within the year
- Work as part of the wider Finance team to challenge and improve accounting conventions, practices and processes across the team with a view to delivering more accurate and more efficient accounting processes
- Support Finance team initiatives to improve the quality and accuracy of reporting within and from the accounting system
- Act as the Financial lead in dealing with all Financial Conduct Authority requests for information and reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- Lead on any Office of National Statistic requests for information
- Support the Group Financial Controller with technical journals (e.g. posting of equity injections through parent companies) and ad-hoc projects (e.g. improvement of VAT NetSuite reports)
- QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA preferred)
- 2+ years PQE experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of preparation of annual statutory accounts and dealing with auditors
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP (FRS102)
- Knowledge of NetSuite.
- Experience in the technology and payment industry.
The group’s main offices are based in London Victoria and Hull. To ensure good team collaboration, it is envisaged that the successful applicant will be office-based and will work at least 3 days a week from the either the Hull or London office.
- Salary depends on experience, from £55,000
- Life Assurance 4 x annual base salary
- Income Protection
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- Private Medical Scheme
- Auto enrolment Pension Scheme ER contribution of 3%