A Business Analyst is a key team member on product teams that have dependencies and connections with other internal functions, or works within a complex and detail-oriented domain. A Business Analyst is often specialized in certain areas and might support several product teams.
Joining the Hubs Team you will:
- Establish and execute an intake process for new external Hub integrations and changes to existing Hub integrations
- Assess API documentation and gather requirements for integrations with external Hubs
- Maintain an inventory of Hub integrations in order to gain product insights and create efficiencies
- Help manage the product backlog to align with the team’s priorities and product vision
- Everyday life as a Business Analyst
- Evaluating business processes, clarifying and anticipating requirements and uncovering areas for improvement
- Analyze, evaluate, refine and document business processes and creating new models that support the business
- Supporting product managers and product team by detailing the requirements to drive development of new features or changes in existing, e.g. by helping to groom and refine the user stories and ensure there is understandable acceptance and test criteria
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Performing requirements analysis, e.g. proactively and reactively following up on legal and compliance requirements in certain countries
- Documenting features, functionalities and overall how products and services work on both a holistic and granular level
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful documentation
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Performing acceptance testing as part of an agile team
We don’t think one size fits all, but here are some of the things we think a successful candidate might have
- Experience working in a SaaS or software development environment, experience with empowered product team principles is a plus
- Experience working as part of a multi-function product team, including interacting and following-up with multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical, planning, and organization skills
- Experience across the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, defining systems scopes, and objectives
- Knowledge of APIs, data concepts, and how data gets transferred across platforms
- This role is based at the EasyPark headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Life at EasyPark
We are a values-driven company with an international culture and a global presence. By providing an environment with space to grow and room for autonomy, we believe in encouraging and supporting our team members to take initiatives and act outside of their comfort zone. To have an open mind and embracing change is a part of our DNA. At EasyPark we are dedicated to maintaining an open culture where the voice of each person is heard, and we play as one team across the globe. Diversity is something we celebrate and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
What we offer
- Flexible ways of working: combine working from home with working from the office, whatever is agreed on within your team.
- Digital global onboarding: three days to indulge in learning & connecting with fellow new starters across the globe.
- Pension, insurances & health reimbursement: A competitive pension, in combination with the basic package of insurances
- Proactive health support: your wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer proactive medical support, all depending on your need.
- Mental well-being support via Blue Call
- Wellness reimbursement: 5000 SEK/year