At EasyPark, we love cities. We love them for work, for play, and everything in between. That’s why our mission is to make life in cities that much easier – by taking care of the parking. With the use of technology, we break barriers, helping improve the urban experience. Our aim is to create a scenario where parking supply and driver demand are balanced not due to additional parking spots and fewer cars, but thanks to predictive technology that connects our users to available spots.
We’re now looking for a Head of Engineering who will be responsible for managing and leading the engineering side of an Experience area - the teams building the systems, tools, and features that support our customers.
This is a senior leadership role within our Engineering function where you will oversee the technology objectives, strategy, goals, and roadmap, in collaboration with others, and focus on technology both as a business enabler and driver. Together with your Product counterpart, you will share objectives, strategy, and goals to drive innovation, create amazing customer experiences and bring us closer to EasyPark’s vision of making cities more livable.
You Will Contribute and Make an Impact Through
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Design Leads to set strategies for the Experience teams
- Build, grow and nurture a team of top talent engineering managers and senior individual contributors
- Create and communicate the strategy for the technical investment and improvement of all systems in the area
- Drive technical excellence within the Experience area and proactively promote and build technical capabilities that meet future business needs
- With the rest of the R&D leaders, build a diverse and inclusive R&D organization
- Own the growth strategy and budget for the area, proactively identify the skills and roles needed in the future to meet business needs and organizational scale
- Lead and support teams in complex, cross-team, high-priority initiatives
- Ensure and drive that teams meet crossR&D requirements: security, compliance, scalability, stability, availability, and other key factors in alignment with InfoSec Guidelines and Standards
- Help improve team planning, resolve team dependencies, and support cross-team collaboration
- Evangelize, encourage and lead by example to promote and create an agile product development culture with a sustainable delivery pace
About You and Your Background
We don’t think one size fits all, but a successful candidate might have the following:
- Experience in leading a large Engineering organization with different perspectives depending on the platform and location of teams
- Experience in distributed management, teams in different locations, and different ways of working
- Experience leading Engineering teams with different objectives, building for Back-end, App, and Web on different platforms
- Experience in consolidating platforms/applications to one
- Experience in leading other leaders
- Governance and management of outsourcing relationships on a tactical and operational level
- Experience in owning and managing a large budget
Life at EasyPark
We are a values-driven company with an international culture and a global presence. By providing an environment with space to grow and room for autonomy, we believe in encouraging and supporting our team members to take initiative and act outside of their comfort zone. Having an open mind and embracing change is a part of our DNA. At EasyPark we are dedicated to maintaining an open culture where the voice of each person is heard, and we play as one team across the globe. Diversity is something we celebrate and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
Some of the Perks of Joining the EasyPark Team
- Flexible ways of working: combine working from home with working from the office, whatever is agreed on within your team.
- Pension, insurance, and health reimbursement: we, of course, have the basics in place, and encourage everyone an active & healthy lifestyle, by putting your reimbursement to use for physical activities.
- Office environment: an open, colorful & inspiring office environment + free coffee, fruit
- Language skills: at EasyPark you don’t need to speak Swedish, but if you have the urge to learn, we offer free language classes.
- Proactive health support: your well-being is important to us, why we offer proactive medical support, all depending on your need.
- Yearly Kick-On: 3 days of fun, meeting with your colleagues f2f at a location somewhere in Europe.
- Digital global onboarding: a week to indulge in learning & connecting with fellow new starters across the globe.
- Work for an award-winning company: for three years in a row (2019, -20, -21) EasyPark was awarded Sweden’s Best Managed Companies by Deloitte.