Software Engineer (Poole, UK)
Flowbird software teams cover back office/cloud software application development, small ticketing device software development such as handheld devices and large ticket machine software development such as the Rail ticket vending machines. We are looking for system thinkers, who have a keen interest in software engineering. We are constantly striving to develop quality software and deliver new functionality to end customers quickly, this requires a high degree of collaboration between teams.
Flowbird have opportunities for Software Engineers and Software Lead Engineers.
Flowbird has a presence in over 5,000 cities and towns, in 55 countries worldwide, delivering world-class innovative, intelligent transportation and parking solutions for cities on the move.
We employ over 1,300 people – all committed to creating and delivering effective, high quality, urban mobility and parking systems. Our technical and engineering expertise ensures our market leadership introducing new and emerging payment technologies and underpins our innovative products and services.
We have a wide and established global customer base including transit scheme owners, local authorities, transport and parking operators. They rely on Flowbird to provide effective solutions which enhance efficiency and deliver a significant return on investment.
Flowbird, globally and in the UK, are rapidly expanding to ensure we manage an increasing market share of a rapidly expanding urban mobility industry sector.
Flowbird’s UK headquarters in Poole are located 150 m from the edge of Europe's largest natural harbour; It is a mecca for water sport lovers. Stunning beaches. Bustling quayside offering excellent shopping and waterside dining. Nestled between Bournemouth and the Jurassic Heritage Coast, plus less than an hour from the New Forest, Poole is the perfect career base
- Develop, test and maintain microservice-based solutions on a number of software platforms – including Android and .NET - primarily written in C#
- Develop, test and maintain C/C++ embedded software running on Linux OS
- Work as part of a Scrum team, attending and contributing to all ceremonies
- Actively contribute to improve software quality Assist in realising software process and tooling improvement activities
- Experience within a C/C++ embedded software development environment
- Or experience in C#/.NET Software Development environments with experience developing for multiple devices
- Object Oriented Design and Programming (e.g. UML, Design Patterns, SOLID principles)
- REST/RESTful interfaces
- Agile experience
- CICD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory
- Experience of microservice architectures, REST Interfaces
- Experience of database technologies
- User Interface implementation
- Interfacing with factory engineering teams
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 35 days per annum
- Up to 6% contributory Company pension scheme
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary
- Health Cash Plan
- Discounted gym membership with a company subsidy
- Six months Company sick pay
- Employee discounts
- Employee assistance programme available 24/7
- Flexible Benefits platform giving you the option to purchase additional benefits including critical illness cover, additional life assurance, dental insurance, health screening, cycle to work scheme, personal car leasing, breakdown cover, purchase of technology
- Paid Employee Volunteering days
- Hybrid working
- Additional Maternity / Paternity leave
- Free onsite car parking
**No agencies please**Apply for this job