Genetec leads the License Plate Reading industry in providing innovative services that are transforming how Parking Enforcement, Law Enforcement and Physical security systems are used. AutoVu is the Licence Plate Recognition solution from Genetec that services those markets.
The Product Line Manager (PLM) will craft the strategy for the service to support the development, launch, and management of releases and integration to new technologies. The Product Manager will develop compelling commercial offerings and licensing options, as well as managing the service position across the market life cycle. The ideal candidate will come equipped with strategic and tactical management expertise, as well as a track record within high-growth software development environments.
Key to this role is a strong grasp of the role of product line management within a software development environment, and a demonstrated skill in managing the variety of roles and stakeholders that surround the development, marketing, sales and support of the target products and services.
The PLM will also be expected to create or adjust the marketing mix (Product, Price, Promotion, Placement), as well as influence new pricing plans for enhancements, packages, and ways for Genetec to address specific or emerging customer needs. The Product Manager will constantly collect and analyze performance data (market, financial, and operational) in order to identify new opportunities for the business. The Product Manager must also understand the pricing and feature sets of complementary products and services of Genetec and Genetec’s partners and competitors. The Product Manager, in collaboration with the Product Marketing team (PMM), will own and heavily influence the Product Strategy, the Business Case, the Product Requirements, the Launch Plan, and the Marketing and Sales Plans. The Product Manager will provide cross functional oversight as product-related projects are carried out. They will be expected to lead, coordinate, and facilitate a cross-functional product team (Product Management, Marketing, R&D, Sales, Operations). This cross-functional team’s responsibility is to optimize the service’s market position and financial returns, consistent with corporate or product unit strategies.
Finally, the PLM will also be responsible for evangelizing and demonstrating feature-level benefits, and business and market goals both internally for sales, marketing and engineering, as well as externally with customers, strategic partners, press and at industry events.
What your day will look like:
- Gather, evaluate and document market demands, opportunities and feature requests both strategic and tactical for existing or new product evolution and make them actionable items for the R&D team
- Work closely with the hardware supplier and partner on the product definition and lifecycle strategy
- Develop and communicate internal and external product roadmap by setting product/feature priorities
- Evaluate and understand market segmentation
- Execute and continuously improve an agile Product Management process that is aligned with Genetec’s business model and best industry practices to bring products to the market
- Assess the industry and the competition in concert with colleagues in Product Marketing
- Research technological trends in collaboration with R&D and Product Marketing
- Evaluate product SWOT and market performance
- Formulate product and marketing-mix (Product, Price, Promotion, Placement) strategies
- Serve as internal and external evangelist for the product offering
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Business with IT background or equivalent experience
- Three years or more of experience in product management (mandatory)
- Solid experience working with computer and hardware components
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior planning and prioritization abilities – Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and successfully within respective constraints and deadlines
- Strong collaboration skills – demonstrated ability to lead and influence others in a project and matrix environment
- Effective communications skills, including the ability to make compelling written and oral presentations
- Strong people skills and approachability; capacity to interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong command of the English language (spoken/written) is essential. Spoken and written French as well as other languages are an asset
- Technical understanding to work closely with development teams in a fast-paced Agile/DevOps environment
- Experience in specification of a cloud-based platform architectural development
- Able to travel extensively (at least 50% of the time)
Great if you have:
- Knowledge of continuous software engineering approach
- Successfully managed a subscription-based product offering
- Track record of building great user experiences and a keen eye for details and UX
- Product management experience for law enforcement offerings
Let’s talk perks!
- Attractive compensation package
- Training Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Subsidized meals in our amazing Bistro (Les Cordons Bleus)
- Work-life balance with a flexible working schedule
- Free, unlimited coffee
- Private, free parking for all employees
- Onsite fitness facility with personal trainer
Thank you for your application, but please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted. Head-hunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumés/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers.Apply for this job