Senior Software Engineer (Ghent, BE)
GEOSPARC offers an extensive spectrum of state-of-the-art spatially based (geospatial) solutions for our customers and partners. We always focus on the impact of policy predictable and thus strive for a more pleasant living environment for everyone. Our solutions range from SAAS software solutions for both administrative and private organizations, as well as integration projects with international partners where customers continue to use our greatest source of inspiration.
Today we focus entirely on the possibilities of IoT, cloud services and big data technologies to create solutions for the obstacles of tomorrow. Become part of our driven team and of these innovations! Let's create a legend together.
- Are you that java developer who turns every piece of code inside out with innate
project manager skills?
- Do you enjoy working on a project with high social ambitions?
- Focused on the world of tomorrow?
Read more! Maybe you are the top-of-the-bill senior software engineer we are looking for!
You will join a fast-growing company with the mission to build cutting-edge solutions that change the world a bit. For example, we help customers with the delivery of geographical customized software to proactively detect the pollution of e.g. rivers. Our client's objective is to build up the sewerage infrastructure within Flanders at the based on data made available by municipalities, sewer managers and also supra-municipal information. The web portal that is being developed for this purpose aims to provide the information of these different actors, to visualize the network across the area and making customer information about or for the network available within and outside the own organization.
Your challenge includes these two parts:
- Java development in an enterprise environment! As a Software Architect you help our client the design and setup of a reliable customer-oriented enterprise software architecture (at application level) fitting within and integrated with the existing one infrastructure. Always taking into account the vision of the customer. You also monitor the existing architecture. You implement reliable and efficient software development practices.
- As a technical lead you are responsible for developing the technical analyses, as well as the preparation of database scripts. You are also responsible for guiding, coaching and coordinating a team of developers. You monitor the quality and offer technical advice where appropriate.
- You have a thorough knowledge of java 12, spring boot, hibernate (JPA)
- Angular has no secrets for you
- You have a good knowledge of designing, developing and implementing a database environment, knowledge of DDL, and DML.
- Experience with and knowledge of GIS (Geoserver and PostGis)? That's a nice asset!
- You have a healthy critical and analytical nature by nature.
- You can also include others in a project, you naturally take the lead keep an eye on everyone's pace and growth path.
- You have an extensive background in software engineering projects
- You like working in a small team with big ambitions, where sharing knowledge, open communication, ownership and entrepreneurship are important.
You will end up in a fast-growing scale-up. The team is small, but very efficient. Everyone works autonomously, but also and above all together. With us no posts and hierarchical lines, but one open and flat structure where involvement and drive are important.
Of course we offer a nice salary with numerous fringe benefits (including a mobility budget) Every month we organize a team lunch (in these times also called an e-called lunch ;) Regular consultation and coordination is very important to us.
Have you already seen our beautiful office in rural Destelbergen? When the weather is nice we have lunch outside and can we enjoy all that greenery (horses, donkey and dogs included ;)
Nice to know: Geosparc is part of a dynamic group: Gumption! Together we co-create
exciting projects with the partner companies and we are part of an enormously inspiring
network of entrepreneurs.
Please note: this job description is translated from Dutch.Apply for this job