Technical Support Engineer (Basingstoke, UK)
This role will involve providing telephone support to customers and field engineers calling for technical support on HUB Parking Technology Products. Support requests range from guidance on installation/setup to fault finding etc. The role will be office based at Basingstoke and would suit someone with previous experience of providing telephone support within a technical or electro/mechanical environment.
• To answer phone and e-mail requests for technical assistance from the field based HUB engineers.
• When required connect remotely to customers sites to carry out fault diagnostics and/or system fixes without the need for an engineer to visit site.
• Provide support to the field based staff on the network element of their installations.
• Assist in the Pre Delivery Inspection and configuration of equipment in the Basingstoke warehouse, prior to delivery on site
• Potentially attending site to assist with installation, commissioning and trouble shooting
• Provide assistance to the sales and project management functions in the correct selection and configuration of equipment to ensure it meets the project or customers specification.
• When technical assistance is required from Group HQ, be the main point of contact to ensure the technical request is clear and all supporting information is provided.
• Maintain an electronic library of information on the company’s network including manuals, site records, etc.
• Assist in the selection, evaluation and testing of products from 3rd party suppliers that are offered with HUB parking systems.
• Offer the highest level of customer service at all times seeking the assistance of your manager when necessary
• Support the Technical Manager at all times.
• Maintain a safe, neat and tidy workplace at all times ensuring the protection of staff and company assets. Comply with the company’s Health & Safety Policy at all times reporting any concerns to your manager.
• Comply at all times with company policies and procedures.
• Support the company in its maintenance of quality standards.
• Promote and protect the company’s image and good reputation at all times.
• Fulfil any other duties and responsibilities, after consultation that may be determined from time to time.