The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best, contact us today!
The Client Reporting Services (CRS) team is a critical component of our commercial delivery and success for all managed clients at LAZ Parking. The department is comprised of over 50 highly qualified accountants who specialize in client services and providing monthly financial reporting for over 1,300 locations and 850 clients. All team members pride themselves on completing reports in a timely, accurate, and complete manner in accordance with GAAP or Cash Basis of accounting consistent with underlying management agreement terms and client expectations.
- Sign-On Bonus
- Referral Bonus: $500 for EACH person you refer
- Health Benefits effective the 1st of the month following date of hire
- Growth Opportunities
- Pay Activ – On-demand access to earned wages, get up to 50% of your earned wages immediately
The Spirit of the Position:
LAZ’s continued growth has created an opportunity in the Client Reporting Services department for an Accounting Manager with public and/or private accounting experience to join our professional team. The ideal candidate will oversee all aspects of monthly accounting and reporting for an assigned region or regions.
- Oversee a team of supervisors and/or accountants within an assigned region
- Serve as the sole “resident expert” on ALL locations within a given region/regions
- Oversight of assigned accountants monthly workload to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Serve as the main point of contact within your region/regions for external clients and internal field personnel related to client reporting
- Involvement and oversight of new locations, terminated locations and ownership changes
- Responsible for ensuring all tax filings and payments are completed in a timely manner (monthly, quarterly or annual)
- Responsible for reviewing client financial reporting and balance sheet reconciliations
- Participate on regional P&L calls and provide insight for all managed locations within your region/regions
- Proficient, knowledgeable and proactive when it comes to managed DLOP (direct lot operating profit) and impact on Corp P&L
- Review, approve and post regional intercompany entries
- Direct and complete the initial reporting requirements for new locations and large portfolios
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- Ability to train, supervise and mentor staff
- Strong, effective, and professional communication (verbal, written, on P&L calls, in meetings)
- Exhibits professionalism in all ways (to be defined per company policy)
- Ability to multi-task: Highly commercial, efficient, handle (with composure) deadlines and changes
- Experience and proven ability in demonstrating analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, be a self-starter, and effectively interface at all levels of the organization
- Excellent computer skills, including high and proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in General Accounting or Finance with application of GAAP
- Experience in supervising and mentoring staff
- Commercial Property Management accounting and client financial reporting experience a plus
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grouds.Apply for this job