Location: Eastern Michigan Univ. (EMU)
Pay Rate: $13.00/hour
Schedule: FT and PT positions available: Monday - Friday from 7am - 3:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday from 2:30pm - 6:30 pm and Saturday/Sunday 7am - 3:30pm.
Requirements: At least 2 years driving experience with a valid DL & clean driving record
The Spirit of the Position:
The Parking Enforcement Agent provides operational support through upholding and enforcing the local parking ordinances while assisting customers with parking needs. The Parking Enforcement Agent will accurately key vehicle license plates utilizing a Hand Held Ticket Issuance System to issue parking citations across the campus.
- Must have valid driver's license and have at least two years of licensed driving experience.
- A clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
The Parking Enforcement Agent provides operational support through upholding and enforcing the local parking ordinances while assisting customers with parking needs.
The Parking Enforcement Agent will accurately key vehicle license plates utilizing a Hand Held Ticket Issuance System to issue parking citations.
- Upload hand held computer to obtain current information required for work on a daily basis.
- Screen for parking placards and permits for special privileges within approved areas.
- Resolve customer complaints in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain and care for all company issued equipment
- Assist with any special assignments and projects as requested
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.Apply for this job