Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest-growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position
The Inventory Manager – Chicago Parking Meters supports the Director of Operations with complete oversight of the inventory control operation to ensure 24/7 professional inventory management. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Inventory Manager will support the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and help to support the individual needs of their operational team throughout their assigned department.
Principal Job Duties
- Plans layout of inventory room, warehouse, and other storage locations considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Manage, track, audit, report, and distribute inventory for the Chicago Parking Meter System.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly audits on all devices to and reports any discrepancies along with recommended remedial actions.
- Ensure all keys and sensitive system assets are accounted for daily.
- Implement “chain of custody” programs and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that fleet is secured and maintained at all times which includes management of maintenance schedules, bodywork, cleanliness, fuel, etc.
- Manages inventory consumables and records deliveries, shipments, and stock levels.
- Order new supplies to avoid inefficiencies or excessive surplus.
- Work with other Department Managers to ensure inventory levels and equipment is in good condition to maintain operational efficiencies.
- Maintain the warehouse and inventory room physical conditions including general cleanliness, organization, layout, and design to ensure maximum space utilization.
- Maintain an active database for all equipment (both Capital and non-Capital based) to include, but not limited to manufacturer, model, software versions, date of purchase, date of installation, etc.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the inventory management for the Chicago Parking Meter System.
- Ensure all doors to sensitive areas are locked and secured on a nightly basis.
- Perform weekly check-in with Maintenance Manager and Security Manager to provide replacement materials for facility management.
- Ensure all medical boxes are fully stocked.
- Analyze different suppliers to obtain the best operational and cost-effective solutions.
- Knowledge and firm understanding of a RFID implementation software, asset management system for Inventory control and facility camera system.
- Knowledge and firm understanding of Zendesk and its functionality for RMA (Return Material Authorization).
- Knowledge and firm understanding of vehicle camera system.
Knowledge of Operational Objectives, Policies, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to manage as MOD (Manager on Duty) to direct and place field staff in case of emergencies or inclement weather.
- Oversight of janitorial contractor in the evening to ensure facility is properly maintained and thoroughly cleaned.
- This includes allowing access to management offices to include in cleaning scope.
- Checklist for work performed and areas needing to be addressed.
- Provide a high level of professionalism when working with internal and external business partners.
- Lead, direct, and develop team of non-union employees to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Responsible for payroll processing; ensuring sign off on hours in timely manner; collaborate with the local payroll department to ensure pay data is completed properly; work with Human Resources Manager to ensure proper wage and hour compliance
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual reports as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years in Inventory Control.
- 3+ years managing hourly or salaried staff. Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Proficient in data analysis and forecasting techniques.
- Strong customer service, reporting, written & verbal communication skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.Apply for this job