Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
LAZ’s continued growth has created an opportunity in the Los Angeles Regional Accounting department for a talented Operational Accountant with public and/or private accounting experience to join our professional team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of monthly accounting and reporting for the region’s Municipality and Government sectors, comprised of 10+ parking locations.
Accurately reconcile and journalize accounting entries for monthly client activity, including revenues, costs/expenses, and financial activity. Timely report the summarized monthly activity and results in the form of financial statements and related schedules as part of a complete monthly financial report package. Communicate and interact with regional and facility personnel working in the field.
This position is in the region located in Downtown Los Angeles, CA.
Principal Job Duties:
- Monthly accounting and reporting for a portfolio of individual locations within municipality, government and studio portfolio
- Perform required month-end close activities for each location, including accurate preparation and recording of all journal entries.
- Prepare monthly revenue billing reports for timely invoicing to clients
- Reconcile and verify monthly payroll to contract allowance and schedules
- Reconcile all location Balance Sheets and related asset, liability and equity accounts. Prepare analysis and lead sheets, when appropriate.
- Compile and prepare comprehensive monthly financial report packages and submit timely to the field for review and approval.
- Meet monthly financial report submission deadlines to GM and client in line with agreement and client expectations.
- Assist with the calculate, prepare, and file all applicable tax returns, including property, parking, and sales and use taxes.
- Communicate and interact with regional and facility personnel working in the field.
- Interact and support home office finance team, provide explanations for P&L line item budget variances for revenues and expenses.
- Create annual operating budget and reforecast quarterly to ensure attainment of annual financial objectives
- Other duties as needed.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- Experience and proven ability in demonstrating analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and effectively interface and communicate both through written and verbal means.
- Excellent computer skills, including high and proven proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook).
- Experience analyzing company financial statements and preparing budget variance analysis.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in General Accounting or Finance with application of GAAP.
- Experience with multiple location responsibilities and meeting reporting deadlines is required.
- Experience managing multi-entity accounting/reporting
- Commercial Property Management accounting and client financial reporting experience a plus.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.Apply for this job