The Spirit of the Position:
The Payroll Clerk assists operations with entering payroll data into the payroll system. The Payroll Clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate entering of payroll related items to include payroll correction forms for record-keeping and reporting. Under the direction of the General Managers, the Payroll Clerk will ensure all records are entered, filed & organized and in compliance.
- Maintain and file payroll information ,payroll correction forms and other payroll tracking items
- Enter time and attendance from the Payroll correction forms that are submitted on a weekly basis
- Research and resolve problems, perform scheduled activities related to payroll and assist employees or managers with payroll related situations that arise
- Conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity
- Provides prompt interaction with local Orange County Facility Managers and Team Leads
- Provides back-up to other payroll associates of the inter-regional team
- Regular and punctual attendance is paramount to this position.
- Able to dependably work the assigned schedule, with the flexibility to work earlier or later as requested.
- Works well with others and is a strong team player.
- Organize and categorize physical and electronic documents, including distributing new documents and discarding obsolete records.
- Collect, categorize, and store all received payroll related forms (payroll correction forms and admin sheets)
- Partner with operations to develop protocols and procedures for records management.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries and requests related to records.
- Prepare reports of documents in storage as requested.
- Facilitate special projects as requested.
- 1+ years of office experience preferred.
- 1+ years of data entry experience preferred
- Attention to detail.
- Work management and prioritizing skills.
- Curiosity to learn new concepts and work on new projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- High school degree from an accredited school or GED is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.Apply for this job