The primary role is to analyse, design and execute functional test specifications within the DevOps team. He/she will also be involved in the formal testing and release management of Metric’s web and cloud applications.
QA Testing & Release Management
- Understand business, technical, functional and user requirements, writing acceptance criteria for user stories / requirements in order to be tested
- Identify risks, problems and dependencies early and proactively bring them to the leadership team’s attention
- Design and maintain test cases for new software features, system test and regression test
- Plan and execute test cycles for sprint and major releases, working as an integral member of the SCRUM team alongside developers and analysts
- Perform manual testing and assist with improvements in automation of system and regression testing
- Work with internal and external customers for user acceptance testing and release management
- Continuously improve the testing processes to improve efficiency, coverage, and traceability
- Review user interfaces and back office operations for consistency and functionality
- Regularly track and report on testing metrics and work closely with product management and developers to improve these over times.
- Proactively manage the backlog of bug/defect reports and work with the team to schedule and resolve them
- Provide and contribute towards realistic estimates for test planning and execution.
- Provide Level 4 incident support to the DevOps team, investigation, and diagnosis
- Assist the DevOps team with classification and prioritisation of new requirements and incidents
- Develop test scripts and introduce scenarios to assist in the investigation of incidents
- Where necessary, to provide reason
- Ability to understand transform requirements, or set of, into completed user stories and test cases
- Able to facilitate meetings and workshops involving client, internal team and external agencies/partners to gather user case requirements and feedback
- Technical writing: ability to produce high quality documentation and communicate effectively.
- Experience in automation testing of web applications
- Good understanding and experience of performance testing
- Ability and willingness to adapt and learn new technologies and testing techniques.
- Motivated and flexible individual who is able to work to deadlines when under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- 3+ years as a software QA / test engineer, preferably in Agile environment
- Experience working in an agile collaborative working environments (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
- Good technical understanding combined with business intelligence and ability to interpret requirements and user stories
- Good experience in API and webservice testing using Postman
- Bug tracking tools, such as JIRA.
- Good experience working with SQL Server.
- Test management tools, such as Zephyr for JIRA.
- Experience in automation testing framework - Selenium, Spec Flow (Gherkins), Jasmine & Protractor.
- Working knowledge in build, integration, and deployment tools. (Jenkins, Azure DevOps CI, and CD) would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of Git and Git Workflow