As a key member of the NMI sales team, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for acquiring and building new relationships with independent sales organizations (ISOs) and payment professionals within an assigned US based territory. Emphasis is on improving NMI market position and achieving revenue growth through new channel partner acquisition. The Sales Account Executive / Business Development Manager activities will include managing a pipeline of inbound prospective partners, outbound prospecting, and assisting our Partner Success team with launching and onboarding new partners with the NMI product portfolio.
- Acquire new partner relationships to expand market coverage and drive profitable revenue growth
- Achieve/exceed assigned sale quota and performance goals
- Evaluate partner capacity versus market opportunity and identify where partner acquisition is needed to fill coverage gaps
- Create and proactively manage partner prospect list while focusing time on highest value prospects to ensure sufficient short and long term business objectives
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making processes, and overcomes objections to generate and close new revenue through partner recruitment and acquisition
- Gain knowledge of and influence industry norms through participation in appropriate industry organizations
- Help the organization understand industry trends, growth opportunities and new product development opportunities by relaying partner and end user customer (e.g. merchants) needs and buying behavior
- Remain current and knowledgeable on all NMI products, software and services
- Maintain accurate and timely records for efficient reporting of sales and account management activities via written, oral and Salesforce.com updates as required
- Perform all other related tasks or duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years sales experience focused on new customer or channel partner acquisition
- Proven ability to generate new revenue and meet or exceed sales quotas in a hunting oriented sales role
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics
- MUST have strong business acumen and hunter mentality with the ability to generate new business and effectively qualify new opportunities
- Results driven, energetic and entrepreneurial individual placing emphasis on the company goals and objectives
- Understand the value of cold calls and prospecting to successful sales performance and growing NMI market positioning
- Experience in payments/software products industry with focus on new account acquisition is a plus but not required
- Understand how to target opportunities based on total potential, likely profitability & probability of success
- Ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with key personnel and executive leadership at partner organizations
- Able to communicate product features and benefits in a compelling way that provides proof of value to partners and end user customers
- Possess excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office applications
- Competitive salary and commission package
- 40 hours week with flexi-time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, ADD, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k matching up to 4% after two months of service
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care/Transit and Commuting Account
- Vacation and Sick time
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Fun Culture Events (March Madness tournament, 80's day, Chili Cook-off, summer/winter parties)
- Casual dress
- Bonusly colleague reward scheme
- Employee referral scheme with generous financial reward
- We offer paid Parental Leave
What we do!
NMI enables our partners with choice, and challenges the one-size-fits-all approach to payments. You've probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a license for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the US. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the US.Apply for this job