As the Director of Product Management at NMI you will create best in class products and experiences that help our customers to better serve the needs of their customers and end users while making it easy for *any* partner to prototype, launch and scale full commerce solutions. There are currently 4 core pillars:
1. Customer Experience and Enablement: Deliver a delightful and scalable omni-channel experience that enables partners to prototype, launch and scale faster with NMI. Work closely with sales, success and customers to optimize the customer journey. Scope of this pillar includes but is not limited to developer docs, sandboxes and tools, white label and embedded experiences.
2. Payment Processing: Maintain a scalable, reliable, accurate and compliant transaction gateway that processes billions of transactions through the platform each year.
3. Marketplace and Value Added Services: Create opportunities to monetize each transaction by offering embedded value added services that meet more of the needs of the merchants and end users. Make these value added services easily accessible via a best in class marketplace.
4. Data and Insights: Provide data and insights to empower our internal product teams and customers to make data driven decisions to grow the business. Longer-term, explore opportunities for data monetization.
In this role, you will:
- Deeply understand the needs of customers, their merchants and end-users, internal teams, competitors and the market.
- Provide cross functional teams context, empathy and rationale behind customer needs. From “customer wants a feature” to “they want to solve a problem that helps with …”
- Build a customer feedback loop (qualitative, quantitative, experiments, A/B testing, partner advisory board, etc)
- Establish a shared vision and strategy by building consensus on priorities across key stakeholders.
- Establish and inspect quarterly OKR’s to measure efficacy of growth initiatives.
- Ensure that product definition for the areas that your team works on is clear and of high quality.
- Attract, build, manage and develop a talented, diverse and inclusive team of product managers.
- Partner closely with internal teams on product and delivery decisions, go to market and shared revenue objectives
- Contribute to building and scaling the Product team and discipline
- Create partnerships both inside and outside of the organization.
What we hope you will bring to the team:
- Experience leading and scaling geographically distributed teams in a fast paced, high performance business unit.
- 12+ years in Product Management (at least 5 years in payments).
- A combination of B2B and B2C preferable
- Deep experience working directly with customers, defining personas, jobs to be done and creating customer feedback loops.
- Proven track record of applying creative thinking and analysis to tackle business needs in ambiguous environments.
- Deep experience working successfully across sales, marketing, design and engineering teams.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a bias to action, rapidly anticipating and adapting to shifting priorities.
- Excellence in conceptual thinking and analytical problem solving.
- Data-driven decision making to quickly understand and identify key performance drivers to ensure focus and team resources are directed accordingly.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, ADD, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k matching up to 4% after two months of service
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation and Sick time
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Bonusly colleague reward
- Employee referral program
- Paid Parental Leave
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment and professional references to determine suitability.
We enable our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payment. You’ve probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, andmeasuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.Apply for this job