We enable our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payments. You’ve probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech start-ups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places. Keeping these payment systems running smoothly is a mission-critical task. We’re seeking a talented and reliable Linux System Administrator who is passionate about working with users, has a deep understanding of Linux, and enjoys finding ways to solve technical problems. The tasks and responsibilities in this role will require both breadth and depth of experience, as well as a solution-centric mindset.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Automate server builds using configuration management, operating system migration, and integration of monitoring tools and metrics
• Operate and maintain production and development systems in a Linux/Unix environment
• Assist existing systems team with monitoring and managing system resources, system logs, back-up and recovery, continuity of operations, security, patching software, and storage management
• Participate in the system team’s on-call rotation for production outages
• Troubleshoot operations and database issues for internal and external customers.
• Deploy application updates, manage infrastructure, and ensure system and network security.
• Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems by ensuring they are in the current release and patch levels for CentOS and other system software installed on the servers.
• Sets up administrator and service accounts.
• Maintains system documentation
• Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.
• Provides advice and training to end-users.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
• Programs in an administrative/scripting languages.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 1+ year(s) of directly related experience in in Linux/Unix systems engineering, architecture and analysis.
• Scripting experience required
• Knowledge and experience with CentOS architecture
• Experience with Linux system administration.
• Experience in Developer Operations (DevOps) or Site Reliability (SRE).
• Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, configuration management, and monitoring tools.
• Experience in full-stack development or directly supporting full-stack development.
• Experience with CI/CD infrastructure like Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
• Demonstrated experience working with virtualization technologies (e.g., KVM, Xen, Citrix, VMware)
• Working knowledge of installation and configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
• Practical knowledge of information security best practices
• Familiarity with networking technologies Including NAT (Network Address Translation), high availability, and load balancing
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.
Please check out our careers page: https://www.nmi.com/eu/careers/company
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary of £28,000 - £30,000
- Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Private medical insurance (upon successful completion of your probationary period)
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- A flexible hybrid working arrangement
- Great work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- Family Friendly policies (Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay and Shared Parental Leave).
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Lifeworks, an Employee Assistance Programme which offers wellbeing, family and financial support services,such as assessments, resources and even 1:1 counselling sessions. It also offers interesting perks such as discounts on gyms, restaurants, high street retailers and cinema tickets.
- A strong commitment to employee wellbeing including mental health first aiders and weekly yoga sessions.
- Employee referral scheme with generous financial reward
- Bonusly colleague reward scheme
We’re looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then please click on 'Apply for this job'!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support throughout the recruitment process to applicants who have a disability. Please let us know in advance so that any support, aids or adaptations can be put in place to assist you.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.Apply for this job