What will I be doing?
The People & Office Assistant will perform a variety of front of house, office management and further administrative functions for the Bristol office including:
- Fulfill the duties of receptionist for the Bristol office; answering phone calls, greeting visitors, receiving and distributing mail, etc.
- Handle clerical tasks for office staff, such as scanning, printing, mailing, shipping, ordering supplies, arranging for lunch, etc.
- Purchase and manage inventory of office supplies and equipment, as well as snacks and drinks.
- Assist the People team with administrative tasks and projects as requested.
- Support the Finance department with their monthly data entry tasks
- Being an ambassador for the culture at NMI! Arranging weekly catering, happy hours, our monthly bowling social and other social events for the UK.
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Ensuring the Health & Safety of UK-based NMIers through daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven front-desk, customer facing administration or receptionist experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly computer literate with the ability to pick up new, bespoke systems
- Proficient in the MS Office suite e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint as well as the Google Suite e.g. Gmail, Google Calendar and Drive.
- Strong time-management, organisation, and problem-solving skills
- Professional, motivated and driven
- Friendly, positive, ‘can-do’ attitude - not afraid to take initiative
- Confident communicator with people at all levels
- Ability to calmly juggle multiple tasks and occasional high pressure situations
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience using the following: printers, scanners, office phones & switchboards, franking machines etc.
- Experience using Couriers - e.g. Fedex, DHL, UPS etc.
- Experience working with international teams and varied timezones
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary of £19,000-22,000 (dependant on experience)
- Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Private medical insurance (upon successful completion of your probationary period)
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- Great work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- Family Friendly policies (Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay and Shared Parental Leave).
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Bike2Work Scheme
- Lifeworks, an Employee Assistance Programme which offers wellbeing, family and financial support services,such as assessments, resources and even 1:1 counselling sessions. It also offers interesting perks such as discounts on gyms, restaurants, high street retailers and cinema tickets.
- A strong commitment to employee wellbeing including mental health first aiders and weekly yoga sessions.
- Employee referral scheme with generous financial reward
- Bonusly colleague reward scheme
We enable our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payment. You’ve probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realising it! We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratise the latest payments technology so that everyone can realise the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymised resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and will provide reasonable support throughout the recruitment process to applicants who have a disability. Please let us know in advance so that any support, aids or adaptations can be put in place to assist you.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.Apply for this job