To Power Smart Mobility for Every Driver and Vehicle, Everywhere
For decades, parking was a hassle. Then in 2008, ParkMobile launched with a simple goal: make parking easier. Today, our team is committed to creating tech-based solutions that power smart mobility and make parking hassles of the past obsolete. We do this by creating innovative solutions that connect parking and mobility ecosystems, eliminating friction while maximizing convenience and efficiency. At ParkMobile we offer agile frameworks and incentives for innovators and problem solvers, all at the perfect spot for work and play at the heart of midtown Atlanta.
Overview of the Role
The ParkMobile Reservations squad is a full-stack team (Product, Design, Engineering) responsible for cracking the industry’s park-ahead-of-time experience. Your squad will build and experiment using data analytics to create the most intuitive reservations flow on the market. As an Android Engineer, you will both bring your platform expertise to the team’s product discussions and build high-visibility features that directly impact the customer’s experience.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with other highly motivated and collaborative team members on the Reservations squad to deliver a performant and intuitive parking experience.
- Write code in Kotlin with your Android peers. Translate user stories and requirements into performant code while developing scalable mobile UI components.
- Utilize your understanding of modern design patterns and when to apply them
- Develop features using best practices for both accessibility and security
- Use continuous integration for consistent build delivery and jump in where needed to add improvements.
- Ensure quality by writing unit tests and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Challenge yourself to grow. We value continuous learning!
Who You Are
- You have a few years of experience shipping native Android apps written in Kotlin. If they are in the Google Play Store, let us know!
- You go out of your way to help others produce higher quality code and aim to foster a culture of engineering that allows for iterative, autonomous development.
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different ideas and expertise, and you are comfortable working with teammates in distributed locations.
- You’re comfortable working in an agile environment that safely releases code behind feature-flags in two-week or shorter cadences.
- Bonus points for experience with Google Maps, Jetpack Compose, Android Auto, and Wear OS.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. ParkMobile welcomes those who are passionate about learning and evolving. If this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
What you’ll enjoy about joining our Team
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. Our team members’ well-being is just as important to us as their work. We are humans first, employees second. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Matching
- Casual Dress
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Hours
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Company Social Events - happy hours, outings, and more
- Pet Insurance
- Company Community Service Events
At ParkMobile, we aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic, and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of backgrounds, education, beliefs, and ways of thinking. We look to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. ParkMobile is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply for this job