To Power Smart Mobility for Every Driver and Vehicle, Everywhere
For decades, parking was a hassle. Then in 2008, ParkMobile launched with a simple goal: make parking easier. Today, our team is committed to creating tech-based solutions that power smart mobility and make parking hassles of the past obsolete. We do this by creating innovative solutions that connect parking and mobility ecosystems, eliminating friction while maximizing convenience and efficiency. At ParkMobile we offer agile frameworks and incentives for innovators and problem solvers, all at the perfect spot for work and play at the heart of midtown Atlanta.
We’re experiencing exciting growth. We’re looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than 50 million people.
Overview of the Role:
ParkMobile is looking for a highly skilled commercial and technology attorney with expertise drafting and negotiating various technology and commercial contracts with customers, vendors, and strategic partners, and providing strategic legal advice, in a global technology company environment. Technology, global data privacy, and consumer protection experience is preferred.
In this role, you will collaborate with our business teams and stakeholders in the US and other locations around the world. You will advise on strategic legal matters and contribute to our corporate strategy.
This will be a hybrid role based in Atlanta, Georgia but you will work regularly on global projects with stakeholders in various locations around the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Review, draft, and negotiate customer agreements, vendor agreements, licensing agreements, and bespoke strategic partnership agreements.
- Ensure contracts comply with relevant laws and regulations while protecting the company's interests.
- Identify and mitigate legal risks related to global data privacy, intellectual property, and consumer protection, both in the context of contracts and also operationally at the company.
- Provide advice on consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Assist in addressing consumer complaints and disputes.
- Offer legal guidance on global data privacy issues as they arise, in collaboration with the Privacy Officer and/or Data Protection Officer.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess and manage legal and business risks effectively, providing counsel to various departments such as marketing, sales, product development and people operations.
- Stay updated on changes in relevant laws and regulations affecting the company's operations.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements through training and guidance to relevant teams.
- Assist with designing, building, and improving legal department processes as the company continues to scale.
- Work with and manage external counsel as necessary.
What You Bring:
- A Juris Doctor degree from a reputable accredited U.S. law school.
- License in good standing with one or more state bars (Georgia preferred).
- 6-10 years of legal experience in commercial contracts, data privacy, intellectual property, and consumer protection at a reputable corporate law firm or a sophisticated boutique law firm, and particularly in-house with a technology company.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and international data privacy and consumer protection laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- A collaborative, prestigeless team player mindset.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify complex legal concepts into actionable recommendations.
- Business acumen and ability to align legal strategies with business objectives.
- Strong attention to detail and effective multitasking skills in a fast-paced growing company environment.
- Excitement to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures around the world.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. ParkMobile welcomes those who are passionate about learning and evolving. If this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
What you’ll enjoy about joining our Team
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. Our team members’ well-being is just as important to us as their work. We are humans first, employees second. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Matching
- Casual Dress
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Environment
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Company Social Events - happy hours, outings, and more
- Pet Insurance
- Company Community Service Events
At ParkMobile, we aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic, and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of backgrounds, education, beliefs, and ways of thinking. We look to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. ParkMobile is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply for this job