Parkopedia was founded with the mission of being able to answer any parking question, anywhere in the world.
Today, Parkopedia is the world’s leading connected car services provider used by millions of drivers and organisations such as Apple, TomTom and 20 automotive brands ranging from Audi to Volkswagen.
Parkopedia ingests billions of data points to produce modelling products to help people park. We are looking for an experienced Python developer who will get to work on technology ranging from streaming processing with Kafka and machine learning to big data cloud computing on AWS.
Why will you want this job? Because you have a deep love for engineering, want to be in a machine learning and data science ecosystem, and you get a kick from delivering great code into production. You'll enjoy being a valued member of the team where your opinion counts, and you'll feel at home working with extremely bright colleagues where learning is a top priority.
Your background and interests will determine what you will work on, including
- Building streaming ETL pipelines
- Develop and improve Apache Airflow pipelines
- Develop automated CI/CD pipelines for Machine Learning products
- Build and configure monitoring tools and dashboards
- Develop and deploy highly scalable APIs
- Champion software best practices, including mentoring junior engineers and data scientists
Strong computer science background
Extensive experience with Python
Experience with version control systems, ideally git
Good understanding of integration and unit testing
Experience of the Python data ecosystem (e.g. Pandas, Numpy)
At least 4 years of commercial software engineering experience
Excellent written and verbal English
Exposure to any of the following would be an advantage, but we will provide training for you to get up to speed
- PySpark and big data
- Cloud providers, ideally AWS
- Databases such as Redis and MySQL
- Web application frameworks (ideally async ones like FastAPI)
- Docker, ideally with docker-compose as well as ECS
- Workflow management tools, ideally Apache Airflow
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines
Parkopedia is committed to building a great work environment for all our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer:
- Unlimited annual leave - yup, time off is as important as time in the office, we all need to unwind and recharge our batteries!
- Flexible working hours
- Generous remote working options
- Training allowance
- Annual company retreat
- Monthly team lunch
- Time off for volunteering
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.Apply for this job