Parkopedia was founded with the mission of being able to answer any parking question, anywhere in the world. Today, Parkopedia is the world’s leading connected car services provider used by millions of drivers and organisations such as Apple, Here, TomTom and 20 automotive brands ranging from Audi to Volkswagen. Parkopedia has the mission of providing the best in-car data and transaction services to make mobility ecological, efficient and convenient.
We are looking for a Senior Transactions Software Engineer to join the team responsible for our in-car commerce platform which enables drivers to pay for fueling, tolling, EV charging and parking from within their vehicle. The right candidate has led projects on engineering teams previously and has a proven track record architecting transactional and event based systems and deploying solutions in the cloud such as AWS. We're looking for in-depth experience designing systems which process transactions including payment card processing. This role also involves working closely with third party service providers and building out abstractions over these APIs which are exposed to our own clients. This requires a deep understanding of API development and design and experience interfacing with disparate systems.
We are part of a global team, but this role is primarily based in our London office, which is a short walk from London Bridge. Parkopedia maintains a flexible policy with regards to location however the role will require a proportion of time to be spent at the London office.
- Senior Engineer for the Transactions team, based in London, supporting a code-base that serves millions of API requests daily to a global set of high profile customers.
- Liaising with product managers, clients and partners to define solutions and work hand in hand with all stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle.
- Lead initiatives from idea to production, architecting the solution and coordinating the efforts of other engineers to deliver the solution
- 7+ years of industry experience building high quality code and infrastructure on AWS or a similar platform
- Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish
- A passion for API design
- Enjoy and have experience building services (SOA)
- Strong coding skills in TypeScript/Python or related languages for building high performance services
- Strong analytical capability and ability to quickly ramp up in a new area, and tackle ambiguous problems.
- Prior knowledge in financial technology space, particularly in payment processing
- Experience of working in Agile delivery teams with a focus on collective on-time delivery
Nice to have
- Understanding Payment Gateway Integrations, Payment Orchestration and Payment Card Virtualisation
- Understand what constitutes a PCI compliant environment for a SAQ-D Service Provider
Parkopedia is committed to building a great work environment for all our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer:
- Unlimited annual leave - yup, time off is as important as time in the office, we all need to unwind and recharge our batteries!
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance
- Annual company retreat
- Private medical insurance
- Time off for volunteering
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Eye care and flu vouchers
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.Apply for this job