Parkopedia was founded with the mission of being able to answer any parking question, anywhere in the world. Today, Parkopedia is the world’s leading digital parking services provider used by millions of drivers and organizations such as Apple, TomTom, and 20 automotive brands ranging from Audi to Volkswagen.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead the team responsible for Product Engineering which enables drivers around the world to leverage our solutions from within their vehicles. The right candidate is hands-on with PHP front-end development and SQL and has some experience in people management. Ideally, you will also have a proven track record of architecting large-scale PHP applications with Laravel or similar MVC frameworks and deploying solutions on Amazon AWS.
Experience designing systems that process payments and familiarity with credit card processing is a bonus as in-car commerce forms a large part of our services. This role also involves working closely with third-party service providers and building out abstractions over these APIs which are exposed to our own clients. This requires a deep understanding of API development and design and experience interfacing with disparate systems.
- Leading a team of developers based in Chisinau, supporting a codebase that delivers millions of POI locations daily to a global set of high-profile customers.
- Liaising with product managers, clients, and partners to define solutions and work for hand in hand with all stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle.
- Championing engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers
- Setting clear objectives for both the team and individuals that align with company goals
- Setting clear expectations and creating a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Communicating and collaborating effectively with other software engineering teams.
- Identifying and promoting staff training and development
- Lead initiatives from idea to production, working alone or as needed with other engineers on larger projects.
- Experience managing people
- Track record architecting and deploying solutions on Amazon AWS
- Comfortable with networking protocols, load balancing, performance, debugging APIs
- 5+ years of experience with PHP with deep knowledge of Laravel or similar frameworks
- Understanding of API security, common exploits, and secure development practices
- Strong MySQL competencies, designing schema, performance tuning, and administration/troubleshooting in a replicated environment.
- Comfortable with your platform, Linux, good bash skills, git, your editor of choice
- Any experience in building payment/credit-card processing systems and interfacing with Payment Service Providers/payment gateways is a bonus
Parkopedia is committed to building a great work environment for all our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer:
- Unlimited annual leave - yup, time off is as important as time in the office, we all need to unwind and recharge our batteries!
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee
- Annual company retreat
- Regular team lunches and socials
- Time off for volunteering
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this job