Engineering Team Lead - Orders & Payments (Hybrid, Amsterdam/Groningen, NL)
- Job title: Engineering Team Lead
- Team: Orders & Payments
- Location: Amsterdam/Groningen, NL - or - Fully-remote from a complimentary timezone
- Environment: On-site/Hybrid/Remote (you decide!)
- Timezone: +/- 2 hours of CET
- Language: Our business language is English
Where the journey began…
From humble beginnings when traveling back in 2014, our co-founders at Parkos embarked on our journey to ensure that the beginning and end of your travel experience are as enjoyable as the actual adventure between!
We make airport parking a smooth, seamless and efficient process for all travelers using our TravelTech price comparison & booking platform.
We started off by winning the major airports within the Netherlands and now operate in over 15 different countries and 3 different regions (and counting)! We’ve grown to over 120 Parkie’s and millions of travelers choose Parkos every year!
Our Order & Payments team are responsible for managing our Global reservations and integrating with a myriad of different payment providers and platforms. They are also responsible for the backend development of our checkout pages.
This is currently a team of 2 individual contributors (of 20+ developers in total and counting) and is an area of the business primed for expansion.
We’ve experienced rapid growth in recent years and have introduced a microservices strategy based around Kubernetes to leave our monolith behind and to standardize our processes.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of individual contributors
- Prioritize workflows and manage JIRA
- Hire, develop & review team performance
- Hands-on contributions to accelerate our technical roadmap
Shape and safeguard our GCP architecture and ensure we have reliable and auditable systems
- What you’ll bring
- Proven experience in leading Engineering teams
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture
- Good understanding of large-scale payment systems and their complexities within different regions (OWASP, GDPR, ISO27001 etc.)
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer (ideally with Laravel and Node.js) working at scale and in a multi-region setup
- An owner mentality and challenger mindset would set you up for success with Parkos
What we offer
- Flexible working: We understand that people’s circumstances vary and allow you to decide where you work from. We can support on-site, hybrid, and fully-remote (so long as the timezones aren’t too far apart!)
- Ownership: Take ownership of your work and have the opportunity to drive lasting change within Parkos
- Growth: We provide the autonomy and personal development support for you to move quickly through the ranks at Parkos - the sky's the limit!
- Transparency: We talk about our plans, allow everyone a voice, work together towards common objectives, and share our successes together as a team
Fast-pace: We love to experiment and try new things quickly. An error is only a mistake when you fail to correct it and we want to reach our destination as swiftly and smoothly as possible!
The road ahead.....
- Fit Interview with recruiter (45-mins)
- Technical Assignment (2-4 hours)
- Meet team and evaluate maturity (45-mins)
- Discuss assignment and findings with CTO (1-hour)
Apply for this job