Finance Project Manager (Hybrid, Amsterdam/Groningen, NL)
- Job title: Finance Project Manager
- Team: Finance
- Location: Amsterdam/Groningen, NL
- Environment: On-site/Hybrid
- Language: Our business language is English
Where the journey began…
From humble beginnings when traveling back in 2014, our co-founders at Parkos embarked on our journey to ensure that the beginning and end of your travel experience are as enjoyable as the actual adventure between!
We make airport parking a smooth, seamless and efficient process for all travelers using our TravelTech price comparison & booking platform.
We started off by winning the major airports within the Netherlands and now operate in over 15 different countries and 3 different regions (and counting)! We’ve grown to over 120 Parkie’s and millions of travelers choose Parkos every year!
The Finance team you will be working with is currently a team of four - a financial controller, administrative worker, consultant and Head of Finance on board. The next step for Parkos is to be the world's No. 1 platform for parking providers at airports. To be able to reach that goal, Finance is ensuring financial processes are scalable and automated whenever possible. Additionally, Finance is ensuring all existing and new spend is both efficient and is maximizing growth.
The team is growing fast from multiple perspectives. We will also be adding a Business Controller and FP&A Analyst to the team to increase our velocity!
What you’ll do
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and communicate effectively back to the accounting team and accounting manager
- Manage finance projects that drive efficiency, cost savings, and GMV growth by working with stakeholders to plan and execute projects
- Support the day-to-day and month-end accounting operations including payments, invoice processing, and journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet reviews to ensure financial data is reconciled and recorded timely and accurately
- Draft process & procedure documentation and demonstrate a strong focus on compliance
- Ability to implement and effectively communicate accounting policies and controls across the organization
- Act as core Accounting representative for accounting processes & systems
- Independently address internal and external queries in accordance with accounting principles and company guidelines
- Filing, scanning, storing, and retrieving of all related financial documents in accordance with local rules, regulations and company policies
- Contract management and negotiations
What you’ll bring
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Finance roles
- Experience with different finance systems and tools or an interest in learning them.
- Experience with bookkeeping, payments, and processing journal entries
- An analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to actively engage with stakeholders and understand their challenges and needs
- A strong communicator who enjoys interacting with people from different cultures
- Proactive, organized, enthusiastic and a team player
- Able to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced work environment
- A self-starter, confident to carry out projects and events on your own
- Driven to deliver results and exceed expectations
- Fluent English, any additional language is a plus
- Degree in a related discipline (accounting, finance, economics, statistics…) or similar work experience
What we offer
- Flexible working: We understand that people’s circumstances vary and allow you to decide where you work from. We can support on-site, hybrid, and fully-remote (so long as the timezones aren’t too far apart!)
- Ownership: Take ownership of your work and have the opportunity to drive lasting change within Parkos
- Growth: We provide the autonomy and personal development support for you to move quickly through the ranks at Parkos - the sky's the limit!
- Transparency: We talk about our plans, allow everyone a voice, work together towards common objectives, and share our successes together as a team
- Fast-pace: We love to experiment and try new things quickly. An error is only a mistake when you fail to correct it and we want to reach our destination as swiftly and smoothly as possible!
The road ahead.....
- Screening call with recruiter (30-mins)
- First interview with finance team member / hard skill screening (45-mins)
- Second interview with finance team member / soft skill screening (45-mins)
- Take home assignment preparation (120-mins)
- Present assignment to Head of Finance and CEO (60-mins)