We're seeking a new Global Technology Operations Manager to join us!
The Global Technology Operations Manager role requires someone with a global operational background ideally with SaaS software experience and certainly an individual who thrives on delivering high quality business services.
This role requires a results-oriented leader with experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix indirect reporting manner. The high-level focus of the role is to work with architecture, delivery, product, customer service and reliability teams on:
- Service Availability
- Service Cost (AWS, Monitoring etc.)
- Operational (incident, problem, change, capacity etc.) process
- Route to Live (environments, CICD etc.) process
- Systems Management (monitoring, paging etc.)
- Performance Testing assurance
- Disaster Recovery assurance
- Provide leadership and overall accountability for global Incident management process, including internal 911 channels and Customer service notification. Own incident commander rotation, act as an incident commander as required.
- Support resolution on critical incidents to address business impacting issues as a priority. Including out of hours incidents.
- Report on and provide the leadership focus to ensure the platform meets its defined Service Availability (Reliability) targets of 99.9% availability on a 24x7 global basis.
- Report on and ensure the platform meets its defined Service Cost targets.
- Ensure the platform has mature operational processes. In particular focusing on learning from incidents and subsequent action on remediation tickets.
- Ensure the platform has well managed environments and CICD release processes to support defined “Route to Live” for change.
- Ensure the platform has mature service management processes and tooling (monitoring, patching, capacity, service views etc.)
- Assure the platform has required Performance Testing, either using inhouse or external parties and tools.
- As required take ownership for Regression Testing for E2E tests across application.
- Work collaboratively as a senior member of the team to define, refine and execute the Technical Roadmap.
- Enable PayByPhone to meet security and compliance requirements by collaborating with the Security & Compliance team and implementing security and compliance tooling, processes, policies as part of the Continuous Integration and Delivery process.
- Engages and proactively works with Customer Service teams on outage reporting and customer service level queries.
- Setup service expectations with global business heads and own the Service Level Agreement and reporting for the platform.
- Work closely with other leaders within the development, Platform Engineering and business support teams to continue to refine and improve our communications and processes.
- Build, manage, coach and continuously improve matrixed teams composed of highly talented and motivated team members.
- Build a strong sense of operational ownership and accountability for the teams and individual contributors which will be reflected at the code level and in the implementation and operations.
- Drive for high-quality execution, technical and operational excellence.
- Provide clear direction and guidance to all team members.
- Demonstrated experience / projects
- A proven track record of building and leading high performing teams on a matrixed or direct basis.
- Expert knowledge of Service Management frameworks, tools and utilities (ITIL, CMMI, Service Now, Confluence, Jira, DataDog, ProductPlan, Looker).
Technical / Hard Skills
- Expertise in Service Management, Capacity planning, Cost management, Systems monitoring, Release management and Environment management.
- Excellent operational knowledge of and working experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) solution architectures.
- Understanding of DevOps principles, processes and tools
- Understanding of security principles and techniques for a SaaS platform
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture, services and platforms
- Understanding of web and/or mobile development technologies
People Management experience (if applicable)
- A track record of building strong cross-functional relationships.
- A player/coach approach to leading teams to high-performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building skills with the ability to effectively influence peers and management.
Years of Experience
- 10+ years of operational experience in software services for large complex software systems that include both on premise and Cloud software.
Education (post-secondary, certification, etc.)
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field is preferred.
- Some certifications in ITIL, COBIT, CMMI and AWS is preferred.
- Approach and Abilities
- A "can do" attitude
- A passion for Operational Excellence & Quality
- Creative – highly innovative DNA to create, design and implement ideas
- Life-long-learner with drive and curiosity to learn new technologies.
- Strong analytical and project planning/management skills.
- Ability to shift priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Facilitation of Service Outage sessions
- Ability to negotiate and influence both internal and external stakeholders, fostering service discipline across all teams.
- Able to take a hands-on approach as an Incident Commander to leading through business impacting incidents.
- Supporting other to learn and increase their knowledge of operational best practice.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to translate deep technical requirements into actionable targets and plans easily communicated to non-technical team members.
Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Able to define strategies and execution plans in partnership with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to proactively analyze, identify, and communicate problems effectively.
- Strong problem/conflict resolution skills, both on the process and interpersonal levels.
- Level of Ownership (of tasks, projects, portfolios, and/or strategy)
- Accountable for driving an agenda of service excellence.
Level of Leadership
- Manage teams and work in partnership with stakeholders
- Collaborate with the objective of leading high performing cross functional teams
- Strong ability to lead by example, holding self and others to high standards.
Success in the role means:
What does success look like in the role?
- Ensure a culture of Service Excellence and ongoing improvement.
- A systematic approach to the definition and execution of service excellence strategy.
- Achieving goals through collaboration with internal & external stakeholders.
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we’re on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We’re one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 100 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can’t do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.
PayByPhone is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. The Company does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace or talent attraction processes. Our commitment is to attract and acquire talent that are representative of the talent market, and are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
At PayByPhone, we operate in a constantly evolving world. With change being a long-time friend of ours, we have our values to guide how we work as a team to deliver on our commitments. In short, we:
- Make things happen
- Stay curious
- Work together
- Have fun
- See through our customers’ eyes