We're seeking a new Product Designer to join us!
As a Product Designer at PayByPhone, you are a core member of a team responsible for creating convenient and enjoyable experiences for millions of PayByPhone users across the globe. You will focus on the consumer experience and bring your design skills in user research, interaction design and user interface design to drive continuous improvement, innovation and growth of our products.
You empathize with the user and ground your design solutions based on evidence, all while embracing collaboration and feedback. You are comfortable working alongside agile teams, and collaborating with other members of the design team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to discover insights and create solutions that will drive value, usability and feasibility of our consumer experience.
- Define and deliver the optimal user experience in conjunction with product managers and developers (working in a trifecta model of Product Management, Design, and Development)
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant, using user flow diagrams, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity designs to bring them to life quickly
- Engage and collaborate with the user research team to understand the impact of new ideas and design decisions with the appropriate audiences
- Contribute to the understanding of our user base by continuously facilitating studies that deliver insights
- Collaborate with other design team members throughout the lifecycle of any given project
- Evolve our established design system through the lens of interaction design, user interface standards, and accessibility
- Identify opportunities for collaborative design workshops that help bring cross-functional teams together to solve problems
- Participate in design reviews that leverage goals, context, and clarity of feedback
- A portfolio that clearly articulates your role in each project
- A strong portfolio showcasing your ability to solve problems for the user from a foundation of research, insightful & inclusive Ideation, leading to impactful interactions and strong design decisions
- Contributed to a design system by establishing interaction design and user interface standards
- Ability to design within constraints, including a variety of screen sizes and platforms
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills that enable you to build common goals with stakeholders or collaborators
- Display a deep understanding of qualitative and quantitative user research techniques and the ability to measure results
- 3-5 years experience designing complex products for multiple channels, in particular web and mobile, with a deep understanding of human-centered design practices
- Experience as part of working in a team that includes development, product management and product design in order to create products that are usable, valuable, viable, and feasible
- A great track record of working with development and product teams – people want to work with you again
- Participated in design reviews, design sprints, workshops and ideation sessions
- Demonstrate competency of low-fi & hi-fi design processes utilizing tools such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable at working with various stakeholders and teams including product, development, marketing and sales
- Bonus if you have cross-platform design experiences (Web, Android, iOS, emails)
Success in the role means:
- You have established yourself as a solid performer within the PayByPhone organization and are considered a product designer with strong communication skills who proactively builds relationships and deepening influence at the team level
- Contributed to a few shipped projects, and is able to design within constraints at a consistently high standard
- Measured the usability of new and existing products and made constructive suggestions for improvement based on data.
- Demonstrated a deep understanding of the user and continuously explores a breadth of variations when developing concepts
- Eager to learn and grow by keeping up to date with the latest user experience tools and methodology trends.
- Holds a basic understanding of the underlying technology that we utilize and deploy to ship our products (Web, Android, iOS)