We're seeking a new Senior Software Developer to join us!
About the role:
The Enforcement team at PayByPhone is looking for a dedicated and curious Senior Software Developer.
As a Senior Software Developer (Enforcement), you will build, maintain and improve web software solutions from idea to creation to bring exciting new features to our users across North America and Europe. While you will initially join the Enforcement team, you may choose to move to other domains in due course to further grow your skills and exposure. Your creative and curious spirit will be a pivotal and additive part of the team, working together to foster and lead technical innovation.
We know you are just as eager as we are to share your knowledge and expertise with a group of people just like you, dedicated to technology!
The strength of PayByPhone is in its people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely.
Here's what you'll do:
- Plan and develop control flows and design components
- Work with the API Gateway tool (Apigee)
- Collaborate with other teams on integrations, API contracts, and dependencies
- Build and maintain deployment pipelines and continuous integration
- Contribute to designing products, architecting our infrastructure, and improving technical documentation
- Write code and mentor teammates as they test-drive code for new features and bug fixes
- Use JIRA to manage the progress of work in the development pipeline
- Communicate with other teams: collect feedback and business requirements, and help turn them into actionable items
- Have full ownership of the systems you and your team develop. This includes monitoring, investigating issues, and supporting the service during outages.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and building web software solutions
- 5+ years using OOPs concepts, packages, and dependency management
- Strong understanding of development life cycles, data structures, and software design patterns
- Strong knowledge on Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMs), Non-Relational Databases and their extensions
- Experience building high-traffic internal and external REST APIs
- Experience with automated testing
- Have detailed knowledge of the Git version control system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ownership of your work from start to finish with little guidance. Not being afraid to ask questions and jump in entirely.
- Heaps of passion and energy. You love what you do and bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavours.
- You strive to perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow
- A bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way - and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Familiar with the Agile manifesto and relevant development methodologies
The nice to haves:
- Production experience in various containers (ie. Docker) based deployment/build systems in production
- Familiarity with React, Redux, DDD, and CQRS
- Experience with Cloud-native infrastructure design & deployment pipelines (ie. AWS)
- Experience with IaC (ie. packer, Terraform)
Success in this role looks like:
- You identify business requirements and drive work all the way from technical design to development, code review, and deployment into production
- Your code is well-factored and testable
- You work with the team to develop and uphold coding standards; you partner in technical design and architecture of the domain
- You participate in the team’s on-call rotation, but since you build robust software this does not disrupt your work-life balance
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we’re on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We’re one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 100 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can’t do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.
PayByPhone is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. The Company does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace or talent attraction processes. Our commitment is to attract and acquire talent that are representative of the talent market, and are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
At PayByPhone, we operate in a constantly evolving world. With change being a long-time friend of ours, we have our values to guide how we work as a team to deliver on our commitments. In short, we:
Make things happen
See through our customers’ eyesApply for this job