We're seeking a new Senior Software Developer to join us!
About the role:
The Rates team implements parking rules to client specifications that determine the cost, and allowed duration, of parking sessions. We provide both the ability for parking providers to set up parking rules through an admin API, as well as a quoting API that tells the apps how much a parking session is going to cost. Our APIs process an average of over 5 million requests per day and are used by a global audience.
The Rates team at PayByPhone is looking for a dedicated and curious Senior Software Developer.
Here's what you'll do:
- Leave your fingerprints on the design of products, architect our infrastructure, and improve technical documentation
- You are a go-to technical expert for other people in the organization, articulating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Write code and mentor teammates as they test-drive code for new features and bug fixes
- Work with your team to design and develop automated test suites and establish test plans
- Work with product management and client services to scope out work and define acceptance criteria
- Participate in code reviews to share expertise with the team, ensure code quality, and verify PCI compliance
- Participate in mob- and pair-programming sessions to distribute knowledge across the team and collaborate on finding solutions to complex problems
- Use and improve our automated CI/CD pipeline
- Provision and maintain cloud infrastructure for your team’s products
- Monitor the health and success of your team’s products through application and system metrics
- Own the success of the systems you and your team develop. This includes monitoring, investigating issues, and supporting the service during outages
- 5+ years’ experience designing, developing, and maintaining scalable production software that stands up to real-world users and production conditions
- Expert-level ability to code in languages such as C#, Java or Node.JS
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS/Azure
- An excellent understanding of software engineering techniques
- Worked in an agile development environment using processes like Kanban or Scrum
- Experience mentoring junior and intermediate developers
- Experience with TDD/BDD practices
- Keep up with new technologies and find ways to improve the status quo
- Collaborative approach to decision-making
- Strong communication skills; work effectively within the team (with both remote and local team members) as well as with other teams
The nice to haves:
- Experience with service-oriented or microservices architecture
- Experience with Docker, Terraform
- Experience with React
- Experience with refactoring
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design concepts
- Experience with production monitoring and observability
Success in this role looks like:
- You identify business requirements and drive work all the way from technical design to development, code review, and deployment into production
- Your code is well-factored and testable
- You work with the team to develop and uphold coding standards; you take the lead in technical design and architecture of the domain
- You participate in the team’s on-call rotation, but since you build robust software this does not disrupt your work-life balance
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people: a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we’re on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We’re one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 100 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can’t do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.
PayByPhone is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. The Company does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace or talent attraction processes. Our commitment is to attract and acquire talent that are representative of the talent market, and are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
At PayByPhone, we operate in a constantly evolving world. With change being a long-time friend of ours, we have our values to guide how we work as a team to deliver on our commitments. In short, we:
Make things happen
See through our customers’ eyesApply for this job