Peter Park digitalizes parking lots. Our mission is to replace every physical barrier with modern computer vision technology, paper-based receipts with big touch screen terminals, your smartphone, and cloud microservices. Our goal is to integrate every parking lot into the digital mobility ecosystem of the current generation and offer a range of secondary services to make better use of the limited parking capacities.
Right now, we at Peter Park run over 500 edge devices in three different countries that handle thousands of parking and payment transactions per hour. Peter Park's physical infrastructure relies on distributed, python based backend services on AWS. We want you to be part of the backend and DevOps team that maintains them and is involved in every new feature that we roll out to our users and customers.
Our Objectives and your Role
- Build up deep knowledge about our python based backend services running on AWS and edge devices
- Work with our founders and PMs to surface and asses new ideas and optimise processes
- Collaborate with our designers, front-end & ML-engineers in implementing them
- Manage our technical debt and evolve our architecture to support future requirements and meet our SLA agreements
- Mentor other engineers on API and python design patterns, cloud services and DevOps
- Most importantly, you will be a strong contributor in engineering and will only move towards people management if you choose to do so.
What we work with
- Frontend written in Vue.js
- Backend in Python using Flask & SQLAlchemy following a microservice architecture
- Amazon RDS and S3 for data persistence
- Kubernetes for container orchestration and GitLab CI/CD
- Infrastructure on AWS provisioned using Terraform
Skills, knowledge & expertise
You don't need years of experience with exactly our technology stack. We care much more about your motivation and that you quickly learn new concepts. It is up to you to convince us during the recruiting process. For example, a short introduction to code that you wrote and why you are proud of it is much more to us than any letter of motivation.
What we offer
- A MacBook or ThinkPad and 37 inch curved screen
- A startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies and agile team structures
- Flexible working hours and office space in the lively and inspiring Werksviertel
- The option to work remotely within Europe
Our Recruiting process
- Initial contact in the first 24h
- Interview with you and a member of our team
- Coding Challenge
- In person meeting in Munich
Are you interested and would you like to become part of our team? Please send us your application with all relevant documents to recruiting(at)peter-park.de.
Peter Park offers digital solutions for parking lot operators. We replace barriers, paper tickets and parking discs with gateless parking and mobile payment options. Peter Park disrupts daily parking experiences with new digital technologies integrated into a holistic parking system. In close exchange with customers and partners, we are continuously challenging ourselves to improve and extend our solution. As a dynamic startup, we value enthusiasm, ownership and feedback culture. We are looking for people to join our team!Apply for this job