About T2 Systems
T2 Systems is the largest parking, mobility, and transportation provider in North America, with more than 25 years in the parking management industry and currently serving thousands of parking professionals. We integrate the best people, processes, and technology to provide powerful, high performance, and secure parking solutions. T2 Systems is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana with its Canadian office located in Burnaby, BC.
We didn’t become an industry leader by chance – we push the envelope to provide more innovative and advanced solutions for our customers. Which wouldn’t be possible without employees who strive for success, work together, and are hungry to learn, grow, and lead.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of starting a rewarding new chapter of your career!
The Associate Service Technician will work as part of a small Service Team repairing and testing products at T2 Systems’ manufacturing facility. In this role you will support the Department in an effort to achieve a high degree of returns to our customers through our RMA process.
- Repairing and testing products as part of the Service Department Team in order to meet established quality standards;
- Assembling products with procedures within the appropriate bill of materials (BOM);
- Performing electronic and mechanical assembly operations on both sub-assembly and finished products;
- Performing PARCS Post Production Verification and Repair
- Fulfilling orders from our inventory to the shipping area in order to meet our shipping requirements;
- Verifying product compliance within our BOM and working with Engineering Team as required for product improvements from time to time;
- Recording all repairs in a database;
- Providing feedback on any non-conforming material or technical problems encountered in the repair process;
- Recording data for critical problems uncovered in failed products and reporting findings;
- Maintaining a safe and tidy work area and contributing to the cleanliness and safety of the entire service department area;
- Participating and contributing to continuous improvements of our product line;
- Other related duties that arise from time to time.
Education and Qualifications
- Graduate of an electronic/technology two-year degree or equivalent multi-year program;
- 5+ years of experience in a field service or electronic technician role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent soldering skills related to surface mounted components;
- Repairing, building and/or assembling of electro-mechanical components;
- Manual dexterity with small components and the ability to perform repetitive operations with consistency;
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as a team member in a fast-paced production environment;
- Attention to detail and quality in both assembly, testing, reporting and transacting;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills combined with solid knowledge of root-cause analysis and permanent corrective actions;
- Electro/Mechanical aptitude for servicing OEM assemblies;
- Working knowledge of digital and analog circuit designs with track record of technical problem-solving ability;
- Experience with software and hardware upgrades as issued by T2 or our suppliers;
- Experience with test meters and hand held measurement equipment;
- Exposure to failure analysis, design of experiments, and ability to perform testing, troubleshooting and repairing of electronic circuitry both in-house and in the field;
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
Work at T2 Systems
- Health & Wellness: We offer competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage, health spending accounts, and health and wellness education sessions. Because your well-being is important to us.
- Retirement Plans: As a forward-thinking company, we see the value in planning for the future. So we help you plan for yours with 401(k) (US) and RRSP (Canada) plans with employer match.
- Work-Life Balance: We understand that burnout is real and that work-life balance is important. Which is why we offer 3 weeks paid vacation upon starting, as well as flexibility to work remotely.
- Events & Activities: Part of having a good work-life balance is having fun, which we love to do! Whether it’s a party, a potluck, or a game of ping pong or foosball, we know how to have a good time.
- Snacks & Drinks: Working smart works up an appetite, and we’ve got you covered. Our offices are fully stocked with snacks, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, soda, and beer on tap.
- Open Communication: In addition to having regular “state of the company” updates, our leadership team’s doors are always open – including our CEO – because winning as a team starts at the top.
- Amazing people to work with!
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Please note, you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
T2 values diversity and is committed to building a workforce comprised of individuals with different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at T2, where employment is based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic history, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We strive to create an inclusive culture that empowers individuals to thrive, try new things, and grow together as one T2.Apply for this job