This role leads the product management team dedicated to delivering hosted software and hardware technologies to the parking industry. As Vice President of Product Management, you work with product managers to define the portfolio vision, strategy and roadmap through the T2 Product Lifecycle Management process. You meet with customers, consultants, and internal stakeholders to determine the correct portfolio direction to help our customers succeed. You develop key strategic areas in which T2 can differentiate itself from competitors. You lead a team of Product Managers who define and validate market requirements to build new features based on the strategy you define and T2 Corporate goals. You find growth opportunities that will expand T2’s market share. You communicate our unique value and our product roadmap, both internally and externally, working closely with development, service, support, sales, and marketing leadership to ensure that market requirements are fulfilled.
Essential Position Functions
- Sets strategy, vision, and financial plan for your responsible product line(s) in the context of T2’s overall business plan
- Participates in the creation and manages the responsible product line budget.
- Directs the development, planning, implementation, and oversight of the product roadmap.
- Hires, develops, motivates, and manages the Product Management team.
- Implements product line objectives and setting of individual performance expectations to ensure goals are achieved.
- Establishes product marketing strategy for the responsible product portfolio and works with Product Marketing to execute and develop marketing materials.
- Develops product positioning and crafts messaging that clearly differentiates T2 solution portfolio in the marketplace.
- Proactively researches, analyzes and monitors industry trends so the impact of the competitive activity is minimized.
- Assists in market analysis including win/loss analysis, competitive landscape, and understanding distinctive competencies.
- Directs the assessment and prioritization of product line projects.
- Creates and implements a systematic approach to product and feature rollout.
- Establishes and manages product KPIs and updates pricing models.
- Attends Parking conferences to review parking technology trends and T2 systems market gaps.
- Non-Essential Position Functions
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly manages employees in the Product Managers and Product Owners within their portfolio.
Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with T2’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
Education and Qualifications
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- A bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree (M.B.A.) or other business school education is an asset
- Excellent teamwork skills are required.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Leadership in prior Product Management roles, with a successful track record of releasing new products.
- Experience in software/firmware development environment desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical background with experience in Agile (Scrum and Kanban) methodologies and practical experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess a high level of problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Must have the ability to develop business analyses, proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Must possess strong technical and business writing skills.
- Must have excellent ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, staff, customers, and external audiences.
- Must have the ability to manage others toward corporate and department goals in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignments.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid driver’s license.
- Certificate in Pragmatic Product Management preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.Apply for this job