Mobility and Transportation Planner (US)
About This Opportunity
Why Work With Us?
We offer our employees more than just the basics. Our competitive advantage includes floating holidays that can be used when you want, opportunities to become an employee-owner, paid time to volunteer in your community on projects you’re passionate about, flexibility with hybrid and remote work, and the opportunity to contribute to research that advances our industry. Our firm is supportive of an entrepreneurial spirit, allowing our team to work on projects within our industry that you find personally exciting and fulfilling. As a skilled member of Walker Consultants, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills surrounded by committed, talented, and enthusiastic co-workers. Higher education is a national practice at Walker, so there is plenty of opportunity to travel.
About Walker Consultants
Responsibilities of the Role
- Assist in the development of the project agreement and proposal.
- Establish, monitor, and implement project plan including budget, staffing requirements, and schedule.
- Manage activities of professional and support staff assigned to the project team.
- Coordinate the collection and detailed analysis of data pertinent to the project.
- Conduct stakeholder engagement activities, such as meetings, focus groups, forums, open houses, and surveys.
- Develop a well-written comprehensive plan or other information and deliverables to improve mobility and parking conditions.
- Develop implementation plans to support recommendations.
- Conduct and support business development activities and client maintenance.
- Maintain active affiliations with professional associations.
- Develop and deliver presentations and articles for professional associations and publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- 5+ years of professional experience in urban or transportation planning, with a strong preference for higher education transportation and parking administration and/or consulting experience.
- Project management experience.
- Strong technical writing background and experience developing and recruiting new business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally (up to 25%).
- Accredited master’s degree in urban planning, transportation planning, or similar.
- Professional accreditations (e.g., CAPP, CPP, AICP, PTP, or TDM-CP).
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
1-2 work samples that highlight your skills, including a writing sample. Please do not exceed 10 MB.
Benefits provided by Walker Consultants
Salary Range: Base salary ranges from $75,000 to $140,000 annually, depending on experience. Total financial compensation resulting from performance bonus can significantly increase your earning potential.
Walker Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We invite all qualified applicants to apply and do not discriminate against individuals because of their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or age.