What you will do
The focus of this role is on growing new business opportunities whilst maintaining relationships with existing key clients. You will take the lead in creating and handling a wide range of opportunities, some of which will be large and multifaceted. You will be responsible for business development from initial lead identification and building relationships to the submission of high-quality bids and, finally, supporting the customer and operational team during implementation.
The role calls for an ability to initiate, develop and maintain relationships at all levels and for you to become a trusted technical solutions advisor. You will be able to effectively articulate your passion for our award-winning products and services both verbally and in writing (for example, during tender submissions). You will have the empathy and strong technical ability to listen to and fully comprehend complex customer needs and to use a partnering style to professionally advise them on the best solutions to achieve optimal benefit.
You will be at a stage in your career where you have a strong desire to further develop your existing experience, abilities and skill set in a technical business development environment.
As part of the role, you will build effective relationships with colleagues and work hand in hand with them to ensure that projects are well conceived, fully aligned to requirements, accurately defined and efficiently implemented.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for a defined geographical region. As part of the role, you will have both strategic and tactical input into sales and marketing plans.
This is primarily a field-based role involving extensive UK travel.
What we are looking for
We are looking for individuals who have previous experience in technical solutions sales preferably within the parking management or traffic management industry.
The following are some of the key skills, attributes and experience that we would like to see:
- Previous experience of new business development in a non-commodity technology / solution based industry
- Self-driven, with a measured persistence based on a hunger to succeed and grow
- Highly motivated and driven to meet and exceed targets
- The ability to understand, explain and deliver complex technical solutions
- Confident in engaging and influencing customers at all levels
- Excellent writing skills to enable the production of high quality bid and tender documentation
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Good commercial awareness to enable understanding of customer needs and development of appropriate solutions that will bring benefits to their business
- Excellent organisational / self-management skills
- Full driving license
- Willing and able to travel throughout Northern England with some overnight stays
- Right to work in the UK
What we offer
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, WPS actively works with its employees to foster a rewarding and supportive working environment to enable you further development. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company car or allowance
- Employer pension contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Other benefits
WPS is known for exceptional parking solutions which provide ease of use and versatility coupled with outstanding reliability. Our 2020 British Parking Award winning ParkAdvance™ pay on foot solution exploits state-of–the-art system architecture - smart, reliable and future-proof, it delivers industry leading functionality combined with exceptional interconnectivity.
With over 300 professionals across the globe, WPS has established an international installed base that handles more than 7,500,000 parking transactions every day worldwide. This makes us one of the world’s leading providers of automated parking solutions. We believe in creating strong, professional partnerships with our clients, and living our Proactive, Reliable and Open corporate values.
If you would like further information, please contact Sandra Rogers, HR Manager WPS UK on sandra.rogers(at)wps-uk.com
Equally, if you would like to apply for the role, please email your CV to sandra.rogers(at)wps-uk.com
NB: WPS UK has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK, therefore successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK at the point of applicationApply for this job