What you will do
Located in Southern England, you will be responsible for providing first class service and maintenance support to our customers by telephone, remote PC and on site. You will also be involved in assisting with installing, configuring, testing, commissioning and providing customer training for new installations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and commissioning all aspects of the WPS portfolio to ensuring customer specifications are met and high standards maintained.
- Installing, configuring, testing, commissioning and providing customer training for new installations.
- Building strong relationships with and providing exceptional service to customer base whilst ensuring awareness of contacts and customer details.
- Responding to service calls, as directed by the Service Desk, in a timely manner.
- Communicating with the Support Desk providing accurate and concise reports on work carried out ensuring worksheets and timesheets are submitted accurately and on time.
- Effective fault finding with the aim of providing a first time fix whenever possible.
- Ensuring vehicle spares stocks are maintained at the correct level and that vehicle, tools, spares, PPE and other equipment is maintained in a safe and useable condition.
- Ensuring all equipment on site is kept in a safe and tidy condition and that are cables are tied and clearly labelled.
- Providing on call weekend cover on a three week rota basis.
- This is a field based role with the occasional requirement to work away from home
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with previous experience in a field service role:
- Previous experience of working within the parking industry or with CCTV systems would be desirable but not essential
- GCSE’s in English, Maths and/or Science together with basic electrical and engineering knowledge. HNC/HND or ONC qualification would be advantageous
- A good working knowledge of PC based networking systems
- Safe manual handling skills and the ability to work at heights
- Able to solve problems in a logical and practical manner
- Enthusiastic, well organised and flexible
- Happy working alone as well as part of a team
- Full driving license
- Right to work in the UK
What we offer
As well as providing a competitive salary and benefits package, WPS actively works with its employees to foster a rewarding and supportive working environment to enable you further development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company van
- Employer pension contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Other benefits