As a technician, you are concerned with solving malfunctions in the field, installing new projects and maintaining the existing installations of WPS customers.
You contribute to the continuous improvement of WPS products and safeguard technical knowledge within the company regarding the composition and condition of the installations in the field.
The core responsibilities focus on:
- Solving interventions on parking facilities;
- Installation of projects;
- Maintenance of parking facilities;
- Assurance of technical knowledge regarding the condition and composition of the parking facilities;
- You analyze and optimize the operation of the system independently because you possess different technical disciplines;
- Where necessary, you call in specialized colleagues;
- You are responsible for multidisciplinary adjustments to our logistics solutions on location at the customer;
- When necessary, you assist in providing support to customers in the event of malfunctions;
- Participates in on-call duty (take turns).
- TSO (Technical Secondary Education) (or equivalent) in relevant fields (e.g. Information Technology, Electronics or Mechatronics);
- Training in electrical and/or control techniques is an advantage
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position in maintenance and service projects;
- Broad technical experience, both mechanically and electrically;
- Demonstrable experience with electro technical systems, IT-related products (including IP infrastructure knowledge and integration in third-party networks) is an advantage;
- Able to analyze and solve hardware and software problems.
- Determining fault diagnoses and ensuring structural improvements at customers;
- Administrative and communication skills;
- Solution- and customer-oriented, stress-resistant;
- Eager to learn and driven to (also) independently delve into the systems of WPS;
- Active mastery of the Dutch, French language in word and writing. English is an advantage;
- Possession of driving license B;
- VCA certified.
- Thoroughly assesses customer technical problems and resolves them within the capabilities of the WPS systems;
- Knows how to communicate in a customer-friendly and professional manner with colleagues and staff of customers on location;
- Proactively feedback findings, progress and results of work to Dispatch and/or Project Leader;
- Can adequately escalate a difficult situation to dispatch, support engineers, Project leader or Operations manager;
- Independently maintains current administration of activities and provides daily feedback to Dispatch and/or Project Leader.
- Works under varying conditions, regular driving;
- Depending on the situation, working with personal protective equipment is required;
- Regular screen work;
- Working hours may temporarily deviate, no 9-to-5 mentality and the willingness to occasionally work evenings or weekends;
- Part of on-call services, running periodic breakdown services in the evenings and during the weekend.
Position within the company
As a Technician you are part of the Aftersales department of WPS Belgium and you report to the Service Manager and Dispatch. You will be scheduled by the Dispatch for interventions, maintenance and projects by the Project Leader. You have frequent contact with the other technicians, our customers and Support Engineers.
What we offer
- A full-time position (38 hours):
- Primary and secondary employment conditions appropriate to the profile;
- Company car
- Fuel card
- meal vouchers
- Group insurance
- Hospitalization insurance
- Possibilities for further development;
- Provide internal and external training;
- An organization with room for own initiative;
- An enthusiastic team within an innovative organization;
Our organization, our pride
WPS Belgium N.V. is located in Zaventem and part of WPS Parking Solutions with offices worldwide. WPS develops and makes innovative parking solutions.
For more information about the content of the position, please contact Mr. Serge Smets, BU Manager.
Information questions and applications can be sent to ssmets(at)wps-be.com.
Please note: this job description is translated from Dutch.Apply for this job