HO ARE YOURPARKINGSPACE?
YourParkingSpace has a mission, to change the way the world parks. We see a world where parking is seamlessly integrated into our journey through the use of smart technology.
From stress-free parking to convenient EV charging, we provide drivers with a seamless experience that saves them money and opens up a world of parking spaces they never knew existed.
For homeowners, businesses, and landlords we provide a comprehensive parking management solution that streamlines operations, maximises utilisation and enhances profitability.
With over 8 million users, and hundreds of thousands of spaces across the UK and beyond, we have been named in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 as one of Britain’s fastest-growing tech companies and are the UK’s fastest growing direct operator of car parks, strengthening our position as the go-to business for car park operations.
Our recent acquisition by the leading global parking solutions provider, Flowbird, means it is as an exciting time to join us, as we start our next phase of growth!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING?
We are seeking a dedicated, passionate and skilled Senior Frontend Engineer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will work in cross-functional Scrum teams, driving improvements across our code bases, and contributing to the development of our website and other web platforms.
This role involves working closely with fellow engineers, product managers, and product owners to achieve short, mid, and long-term goals while ensuring the highest standards of quality in our software solutions.
- Collaborate within cross-functional Scrum teams to achieve project and sprint goals.
- Evaluate existing code bases and suggest areas of improvement.
- Regularly analyse website metrics and performance reports to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions to enhance overall website efficiency and user satisfaction.
- Proactively work with Product Owners to transform acceptance criteria into solutions.
- Participate actively in our Agile development process.
- Engage in ideation workshops to brainstorm new features and solutions.
- Engage in relevant Scrum ceremonies such as stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and other supporting ceremonies.
- Identify, document, track, and resolve issues and defects.
- Contribute to the design process, understanding and influencing the application/service/system specifications.
- Ensure adequate test coverage for new features to identify risks.
- Utilise Jira for ticketing and issue tracking.
- Support and mentor more junior members of the team
- Analyse issues found during testing, collaborating with engineers and product teams for diagnosis.
- Understand business aspects and customer usage patterns to ensure system performance.
- Participate in meetings with Engineering, QA, and Product teams to align on objectives and strategies.
- Foster a collaborative spirit across teams and individuals.
- Ensure website accessibility by adhering to WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A strong passion for learning, with a keen eye for detail.
- A minimum of 4 years of commercial experience in software development.
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, think creatively, and learn on the fly in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Jira.
- Familiarity with Vue.js and Nuxt.js is desirable.
- Experience in writing unit tests is a plus.
- Knowledge of mobile-first development and experience in creating and reviewing pull requests are advantageous.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive salary within the specified banding.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within a supportive and innovative environment.
- A chance to contribute to meaningful projects that make a significant impact.
- 24 days annual leave + this increases after 3 years, with one extra day added each year (maximum 3 additional days).
- Birthday off.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Volunteering and fundraising for our chosen charity.
- Mental health and wellbeing support.
- Cycle to work and tech scheme.
- Working in a company where there are no limits! If you work hard and want to achieve big things, this is the place for you!
Apply for this job