Sensors from MSR-Traffic monitor important access points and parking spaces because who isn't annoyed when their parking space is occupied? It is becoming increasingly common to find incorrectly parked cars in parking spaces that are, for example, exclusively available for electric vehicles.
Other areas, too, are affected by this misbehaviour:
- Parking spaces for people with disabilities
- Charging stations for electric vehicles
- Access routes for ambulances and fire engines
- Special parking spaces for hospitals and for taxis
- Loading zones for trucks or vans
- Areas with low parking capacity, e.g. licensing offices, town halls
M2M Parking Sensor and App Functionality
The MSR-Traffic solution consists of:
1. A ground sensor that detects the occupancy status of vehicles in the parking spaces as well as the parking duration in real time.
The M2M version of the wireless parking sensors from MSR-Traffic is characterised by the fact that no gateway is required to transmit the data. This makes it the ideal solution for projects with scattered parking spaces. By using the new NB-IoT protocol, the costs for realising such projects are drastically reduced.
The wireless magnetic field sensor M2M Parking Sensor is ideal for single space detection for a small number of parking spaces. It is weather-independent, has a very high detection accuracy and is protected against vandalism. The sensor is suitable for any outdoor parking space and can be installed in the middle of the parking space or on the side of the kerb/pavement without having to remove the parked vehicles.
2. An app for citizens who are authorised to use these reserved parking spaces.
The app informs these users where available reserved parking spaces can be found and allows them to organize their arrival and departure. The app digitizes the parking permits and controls the requirements of user identification for correct application.
3. An app for the city that compares user information with the occupancy status of the parking space and the time spent by the vehicle.
Through the app, e.g. traffic wardens or city councils can view information and be notified in case of a violation, thus the optimising control routes.
MSR-Traffic offers innovative sensor technology that enables counting and single place detection of vehicles in indoor and outdoor applications. Drivers are quickly guided to the next available parking space via dynamic traffic control technology or via an app. In addition to the development, production, and sales of intelligent parking guidance systems, MSR also provides support in planning and installation on site. www.msr-traffic.de