With more and more countries in Europe and the rest of the world planning to lift the lockdown and relax regulations, the travel industry is also starting to pick-up again. Many airlines and holiday providers have announced that they will take measures to facilitate travel in the Corona era.
A large number of travelers who travel by plane go to the airport by car and park their vehicle at one of the many parking providers. To ensure that they also take the right measures, Parkos has developed (together with the parking partners) a number of guidelines (based on the WHO guidelines) that car parks must comply with. If they comply with these measures, they will receive the "Special corona measures" attribute, so that the traveler can choose the parking that best suits their needs.
To ensure that they comply with these measures, the car parks are checked. This creates a transparent picture of the market and the providers that take measures to further prevent the spread of the virus when the borders open and people start traveling again.
Both valet parking and shuttle parking providers are eligible for the verified status mark if they meet the guidelines and have taken the right measures.
Which criteria do our valet parking partners meet to obtain its verified status mark?
- Driver wears gloves
- Driver wears face mask/protection
- Driver will clean the wheel, gear and other touching points before he will take over the car.
- Driver will clean the wheel, gear and other touching points before he will give the car back to the customer.
- • The document that needs to be signed at the take over from the car has to be signed with a safe pen (both parties use gloves, or will use disinfecting spray)
Which criteria do our shuttle service parking partners meet to obtain its verified status mark?
- Face mask mandatory for driver and passengers
- Only online payments (no payment on the spot)
- Customers keep their keys
- Individual transport (i.e. per family / per car)
- The shuttle should be disinfected after each ride.
- There should be a visible partition in the form of a glass wall between the driver and the passengers.
Passengers must load their luggage in and out of their car or the shuttle and open the doors themselves.
Arne Bos, Managing director states, “Now that the markets are opening up more and more and the first people are willing to travel by plane again, we want to give the consumer a transparent picture as possible of the options and measures that parking providers offer. With this, consumers immediately know where they stand and on that basis can make the right choice on our platform.”
Parkos is a booking platform for airport parking. Customers search, compare and book their parking spot via www.parkos.com. Our mission is to make the process of booking a parking space easy, affordable and transparent.
We collaborate with more than 300 parkings in 11 countries. These are located at more than 60 airports in Europe, America and Australia.