In apartment complexes and other residential communities, visitor parking congestion is a major concern for both parking managers and residents. Visitors within residential areas present additional parking congestion concerns for many communities with already inadequate parking spaces. In many cases, residents are forced to park further from their homes.
A properly implemented parking management strategy helps resolve these issues and improves safety, not only for homeowners but visitors as well, while reducing traffic congestion for those looking for an open parking space. In addition, an effective parking management strategy allows residents convenient parking near their own homes and helps improve their quality of life and makes it easier for residents to consistently find adequate parking near their homes at all times of day.
Some ways to improve parking enforcement are below:
- Clear signage and road markings. Posting signage along with road markings that visitors and residents can clearly see is a must to help reduce confusion for both residents and visitors attempting to find parking.
- Keeping residents informed. Community websites and resident notification systems are a way to make residents aware of parking regulations and restrictions. This type of system can also help residents inform visitors coming to see them prior to their arrival to reduce confusion.
- Digital permit and reservation system. If an online resident website or system is available, implementing a digital system for your community that connects to an app residents can download may also be an option that would allow them to check the status of their parking permit, update their information, or to reserve parking for visitors in advance of arrival.
- Give warnings. Residents and visitors may not always be aware that they are violating parking regulations, so a ticketing warning system may be the best option. Electronic or email notification systems such as with the use of LPR may be an option to implement for situations such as these.
- Ticketing. If multiple warnings have been given to the same resident or visitor, ticketing for repeat violators should be considered as an option.
- Vehicle booting. If repeat violators are a concern, you may consider booting as an option. This is a much safer, more effective, and lower-cost option to consider than towing vehicles.
The benefits of visitor parking management are best achieved by implementing visitor parking restrictions during peak periods of use. This allows residents to find convenient visitor parking near their homes while improving safety for homeowners who live along streets prone to congestion due to visitors blocking driveways and double-parking on already narrow roads.
RISETEK Global’s innovative, intelligent, state-of-the-art solutions combined with our “best practices” industry experience allow us to deliver proven results that optimize our customer’s business performance and empower them to achieve next-level success. Interested in learning more? Contact us using the form below or email us at sales(at)risetekglobal.com to find out more.
RiseTek Global offers an innovative parking boot solution to more effectively manage a scofflaw program, collecting more of the unpaid parking citation revenue for cities and universities, through better technology.
Our patented self-releasing parking boot, coupled together with our data analytics solution, VERGE, delivers a customer-friendly highly-effective vehicle booting solution for municipality and university parking enforcement programs.