VINCI Airprots Completes Acquisition of 50.01% of Edinburgh Airport

VINCI Airports Strengthens Its Network and Now Manages Three Freehold Airports in the United Kingdom: London-Gatwick, Edinburgh and Belfast International

VINCI Airports acquires majority shareholding (50.01%) in Edinburgh Airport for £1.27 billion

VINCI Airports, a subsidiary of VINCI Concessions, has finalized the acquisition of a majority shareholding (50.01%) in Edinburgh Airport, alongside Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), which manages the remaining 49.99%, under a model similar as London Gatwick Airport.

Edinburgh Airport is a premier infrastructure asset: the largest airport in Scotland and the 6th airport in the United Kingdom with traffic back to pre-Covid levels.

Its growth potential is being driven in particular by the development of long-distance segments. After Belfast International and London Gatwick, VINCI Airports now owns three freehold airports in the United Kingdom.



VINCI is a global player in concessions, energy and construction, employing 280,000 people in more than 120 countries. We design, finance, build and operate infrastructure and facilities that help improve daily life and mobility for all. Because we believe in all-round performance, we are committed to operating in an environmentally, socially responsible and ethical manner. And because our projects are in the public interest, we consider that reaching out to all our stakeholders and engaging in dialogue with them is essential in the conduct of our business activities. Based on that approach, VINCI’s ambition is to create long-term value for its customers, shareholders, employees, partners and society in general.



There are no comments yet for this item

Join the discussion

You can only add a comment when you are logged in. Click here to login